LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Would You Guys Be Happy With #13 Haden #17 Thomas?

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by joey82:
No that would be awful.

Getting one would be ok although I don't think we necessarily need to take a DB in the first.

If you can't block it doesn't matter how scary your secondary is.

I'm sorry but what does the offensive line have to do with the secondary..which plays defense?

And people who think Haden sucks must've not watched him play or are hung up on his combine numbers. The guy will be a stud. No question about it.

If your offensive line can't block then you can't throw or run the ball, therefore you can't score points to win games. Heck remember how many three and outs we had on offense last year. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Having a strong secondary is nice but if we can't protect the passer or open up holes in the running game we are screwed. OL is obviously the biggest need not addressing that in FA or in the first round would be a big mistake.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
F**k Haden!! I don't like haden!! If the 49ers draft Haden. I will not happy about it. I think, Haden is so bust!

Why is everybody hating on Haden?? Just cause he had a bad combine? He ran a low 4.4 in the 40 on his pro day and is the BEST cover corner in the draft
I wouldn't be thrilled. We lost close games because we couldn't put enough points on the board. Our D was on the field w/ way too many 3 & outs. Making oour secondary better will not out many points on the board - an OL will create more opportunities to score.
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:
I'm in the minority here that would love that.

and Gaither for our second round pick and hopefully in the 3rd we can land ourselves a kick returner/DB.

Wow that is funny I was just thinking about that. I mean it's very far fetched and unlikely to happen, but that would be awesome if it did!

Not really, the only issue is if Thomas will still be there at 17 and if we have the huevos to pull the trigger on Gaither.
No that would be awful.

Getting one would be ok although I don't think we necessarily need to take a DB in the first.

If you can't block it doesn't matter how scary your secondary is.

I'm sorry but what does the offensive line have to do with the secondary..which plays defense?

And people who think Haden sucks must've not watched him play or are hung up on his combine numbers. The guy will be a stud. No question about it.

If your offensive line can't block then you can't throw or run the ball, therefore you can't score points to win games. Heck remember how many three and outs we had on offense last year. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Having a strong secondary is nice but if we can't protect the passer or open up holes in the running game we are screwed. OL is obviously the biggest need not addressing that in FA or in the first round would be a big mistake.

While I agree with you that we desperately need to fix the RT position a shutdown corner is a lot more valuable than a RT.

It's not like we can't find a RT if we don't take one in the first round...sure you want to grab the best player at the position and usually you'd like to think those come from the first round but if the top guys are gone I'd be thrilled with Haden and look at RT later.

You make it sound like we'd be out there playing with nobody at RT. The guys we have may not be great options but you can hide a RT and help him out with a tight end. Plus I'm excited about our coaching and think the line will improve overall.

You need to put up points but if you can shut out the other team you don't need to be perfect on offense. Hell with the secondary we could have with this draft I would imagine a nice big spike in turnovers.
F**k Haden!! I don't like haden!! If the 49ers draft Haden. I will not happy about it. I think, Haden is so bust!

still waiting on your explanation on this.
i would love that..... If we get gaither or another quality OT via trade
I wouldnt be upset... maybe a little disapointed in how the first round turned out getting two DBs....

I would be ok with haden or thomas but i think both is over kill... They are pretty much the same player to me atleast... Haden is the hands down top corner in this draft with his size and ability. Thomas is a good safety who can play corner and him have to if his size becomes an issue in the NFL.....

I just do not see the value in selecting both of them... I would try and trade down with that 17th pick and take Rodger Saffold or Maurkice Pouncey....
No. Not two defensive players in Round 1. The offense was a light year behind the defense last year. Two of the first three picks should be offense.
I like both players but we need offense. One of the four tackles or Iupati. An offensive play maker like Spiller would be good too.

I like the west coast ravens idea but who really wants to see D win all your games. Haden yes but trade or draft a tackle (give Frank and alex a break) then trade up in the second if Mays slips. he not only could be a steal but a very deadly counterpart to Goldson if coached right.
I'd be upset. We haven't had a decent RT since even before the Nolan years.

-9fA

still waiting on your explanation on this.

haden is gonna be legit, once we draft him everybody will be on his nuts.
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:
i read a mock that had us picking Haden at 13 and Earl Thomas at 17 if the top OT's are gone

Yes I would rather solidify our defense then reach for an OT or draft a G and try to turn him into an OT.
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:
i read a mock that had us picking Haden at 13 and Earl Thomas at 17 if the top OT's are gone

That's what I did in my mock.
Share 49ersWebzone