LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Haden is 100% - I expect him to run a 4.44 or better.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

It's about where I thought he'd be. He should be a top 10 pick.

Quote:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Playing the field or what ? You called him slow in the combine thread as well.
9:40 a.m. -- Unofficial 40 times for Joe Haden (4.42) and Hernandez (4.56).

9:50 a.m. -- Carlos Dunlap with a 4.62.

9:55 a.m. -- Brandon Spikes runs an unofficial 5.01.

9:54 a.m. -- Joe Haden runs a 4.43.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/live-blog-tebow-pro-day-at-florida-031710
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Does anyone know if there is a bias factor on the Florida track and, if so, what it is?

FWIW It's been raining there this AM off and on. Also of note what Florida listed Harvin and Murphy at pre-combine were 4.3 or faster and they ran a tenth slower at the combine so possibly a little fast but consider Haden has ran a 4.33 on campus before.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

Quote:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Yeah, I know I'm all over the place with Haden. At least now we know he's not slow. The next criteria is whether Scotty takes a corner who is under 6'0" in the first round. Forgive me for my waffling, Haden is really hard for me to gauge.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Mar 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
9:40 a.m. -- Unofficial 40 times for Joe Haden (4.42) and Hernandez (4.56).

9:50 a.m. -- Carlos Dunlap with a 4.62.

9:55 a.m. -- Brandon Spikes runs an unofficial 5.01.

9:54 a.m. -- Joe Haden runs a 4.43.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/live-blog-tebow-pro-day-at-florida-031710
  • evil
  • Veteran

Quote:

Spot on.

Quote:

Yeah, I know I'm all over the place with Haden. At least now we know he's not slow. The next criteria is whether Scotty takes a corner who is under 6'0" in the first round. Forgive me for my waffling, Haden is really hard for me to gauge.

It's all good, regarding his size, he was 5"10 and 6/8th's so that's basically 5"11 so not short by any stretch. Not ideal size for Scot but the value could be good if he is there. I am not advocating drafting Haden but would not be mad if we did, think he could push Brown for the nickel and would benefit greatly from having Clements to be somewhat of a mentor. There is a lot to like about Joe Haden, and with Atlanta getting Robinson I wonder if Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Houston would attempt to trade up for him ? (Which in turn could force someone else to drop to us).
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Pro days 40s are always faster than actual 40s, it's set up that way. I'd put real times more in the middle of combine times.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Pro days 40s are always faster than actual 40s, it's set up that way. I'd put real times more in the middle of combine times.

However, the weather conditions were pretty bad today down in Florida. Lots of rain this morning, so I am sure that slowed some things down.
I like Haden a lot but it makes me wonder if we draft him what do we do.

do we start Clements and Spencer and have Haden as our nickel to kinda ease his way in.

What if Haden just kills it in training camp and preseason. Do we start him opposite ofr spencer or clements, if we start him over clements then we are paying him alot of money to be a nickelback. Do we move him to safety?

The ideal situatoin for me is to have Haden play Nickel the first year then let him compete for the starting job.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM ]
GAAAAAAAAAH!! I don't want Haden!!!

Hopefully the Joe Haden hate will stop, even though sure people will ime his timed was somehow faulty because he ran at a pro day.

Bradon spikes... No wonder he didn't run at the combine. Easily slips into the 3rd.
I’ve got my popcorn and I’m ready to watch how the bipolar Webzone reacts to Haden now if he has run a 4.4.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Quote:

Spot on.

Quote:

It's all good, regarding his size, he was 5"10 and 6/8th's so that's basically 5"11 so not short by any stretch. Not ideal size for Scot but the value could be good if he is there. I am not advocating drafting Haden but would not be mad if we did, think he could push Brown for the nickel and would benefit greatly from having Clements to be somewhat of a mentor. There is a lot to like about Joe Haden, and with Atlanta getting Robinson I wonder if Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Houston would attempt to trade up for him ? (Which in turn could force someone else to drop to us).

Yeah, after todays time I don't see him making it to #13. Cleveland at #6 still looks like where he may go first then you got Jacksonville at #10. He just soldified himself as a top 10 pick with his 40 time and would take a Crabtree like scenerio for him to fall to us at #13.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
GAAAAAAAAAH!! I don't want Haden!!!

Well you don't get to make the decision, so oh well.
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone