LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
Spikes ran 40 in 5 flat. Haden was 4.44 and hernandez was 4.61.

Quote:
Spikes second run went 5.05 ouch! #proday.

Listen closely and you can hear the thud of Spikes' stock drop!

Kiper has been saying that he thought he wouldn't even run at his pro day b/c he was suspected of being so slow. Wow that's bad
Originally posted by valrod33:
I like Haden a lot but it makes me wonder if we draft him what do we do.

do we start Clements and Spencer and have Haden as our nickel to kinda ease his way in.

What if Haden just kills it in training camp and preseason. Do we start him opposite ofr spencer or clements, if we start him over clements then we are paying him alot of money to be a nickelback. Do we move him to safety?

The ideal situatoin for me is to have Haden play Nickel the first year then let him compete for the starting job.

somebody answer me
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

Secondly, he's not even that good.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

do we start Clements and Spencer and have Haden as our nickel to kinda ease his way in.

What if Haden just kills it in training camp and preseason. Do we start him opposite ofr spencer or clements, if we start him over clements then we are paying him alot of money to be a nickelback. Do we move him to safety?

The ideal situatoin for me is to have Haden play Nickel the first year then let him compete for the starting job.

somebody answer me

He would probably start as the 3rd corner and work his way up.

somebody answer me

The answer is "don't draft Haden".
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden

Won't agree on the infant punching, but yeah, don't really want Haden in the 1st. I'm not so sure we'd even be drafting a NB for 2010... he'd have to beat out Tarell Brown, and I think Brown is currently better. We need youth and depth at CB, but no need for a 1st round CB in a very deep CB draft class.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

somebody answer me
Spencer still starts and Nate is moved if Haden is better. Spencer is on his way to being one of the best CBs in the NFC.

No it wouldn't!!

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

Im still all for drafting Spiller but I wouldn't mind Haden. You can never have enough corners and to have one like Haden playing nickle isn't a bad idea. He may even move his way up to a starting role. How is that bad?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Haden is 100% - I expect him to run a 4.44 or better.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

It's about where I thought he'd be. He should be a top 10 pick.

Quote:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Playing the field or what ? You called him slow in the combine thread as well.

Yeah, I know I'm all over the place with Haden. At least now we know he's not slow. The next criteria is whether Scotty takes a corner who is under 6'0" in the first round. Forgive me for my waffling, Haden is really hard for me to gauge.

It's all good, regarding his size, he was 5"10 and 6/8th's so that's basically 5"11 so not short by any stretch. Not ideal size for Scot but the value could be good if he is there. I am not advocating drafting Haden but would not be mad if we did, think he could push Brown for the nickel and would benefit greatly from having Clements to be somewhat of a mentor. There is a lot to like about Joe Haden, and with Atlanta getting Robinson I wonder if Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Houston would attempt to trade up for him ? (Which in turn could force someone else to drop to us).

Yeah, after todays time I don't see him making it to #13. Cleveland at #6 still looks like where he may go first then you got Jacksonville at #10. He just soldified himself as a top 10 pick with his 40 time and would take a Crabtree like scenerio for him to fall to us at #13.

Cleveland at 7 takes Berry before they take Haden (that is if he is there) and don't rule out them trading for up a QB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know guys if Haden slips to #13 he's got to be BPA. He's a listed 5'11" so he should pass Scotty critieria for a Cb and he cleared up any notion of being slow. I think you have to take him and then don't have to worry about CB in the next draft. I just think he's too good of a value to not take if he falls to #13. eventually, we're going to have to address the CB position and I don't think we'll be drafting this high for a while so why not take our CB now. JMHO.

Dam Haden!! Why did you have to run so fast... Now there is no way he falls to us. All you haters just put on his game tape, grab some popcorn and watch him shut down the best WR's the SEC has to offer, which are some of the best wr propsects in the nation.

No it wouldn't!!

CB IS a need.

The Niners had one the weakest secondaries in the league last year. Clements is getting up there in age and Brown has shown that he still isn't that great. Spencer is do-able, but he isn't spectacular.

Haden was a shut down corner in one of the best divisions in college football and you say he isn't good. There are a ton of scouts that would disagree with your assessment.

CB is up there in draft value with OT's and Pass Rushers, because good ones are hard to find.

Too many people on this board get infatuated with "sexy" picks like Spiller, and want to ignore the important parts of a team.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

No it wouldn't!!

Im still all for drafting Spiller but I wouldn't mind Haden. You can never have enough corners and to have one like Haden playing nickle isn't a bad idea. He may even move his way up to a starting role. How is that bad?

It's bad because we have the worst OL in the league, and we need to fix that immediately. Not to mention that our pass rush is suspect.

Players like Haden come along every single year. He's nothing special. Until next year, we have Clements, Spencer, and Brown, who are all playing great.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Haden is 100% - I expect him to run a 4.44 or better.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

It's about where I thought he'd be. He should be a top 10 pick.

Quote:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Playing the field or what ? You called him slow in the combine thread as well.

Yeah, I know I'm all over the place with Haden. At least now we know he's not slow. The next criteria is whether Scotty takes a corner who is under 6'0" in the first round. Forgive me for my waffling, Haden is really hard for me to gauge.

It's all good, regarding his size, he was 5"10 and 6/8th's so that's basically 5"11 so not short by any stretch. Not ideal size for Scot but the value could be good if he is there. I am not advocating drafting Haden but would not be mad if we did, think he could push Brown for the nickel and would benefit greatly from having Clements to be somewhat of a mentor. There is a lot to like about Joe Haden, and with Atlanta getting Robinson I wonder if Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Houston would attempt to trade up for him ? (Which in turn could force someone else to drop to us).

Yeah, after todays time I don't see him making it to #13. Cleveland at #6 still looks like where he may go first then you got Jacksonville at #10. He just soldified himself as a top 10 pick with his 40 time and would take a Crabtree like scenerio for him to fall to us at #13.

Cleveland at 7 takes Berry before they take Haden (that is if he is there) and don't rule out them trading for up a QB.

Sorry, Cleveland owns the 7th pick not the 6th. I agree, they'll take Berry before Haden, but Berry has to get past Seattle at #6 to get him.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:

No it wouldn't!!

It's bad because we have the worst OL in the league, and we need to fix that immediately. Not to mention that our pass rush is suspect.

Players like Haden come along every single year. He's nothing special. Until next year, we have Clements, Spencer, and Brown, who are all playing great.

I kinda agree with Huck, but i like haden unlike hucks pure hatred towards the man.

I wouldnt mind drafting 2 OL or 1 OL and a pass rusher(JPP) and drafting a guy like Arenas in the 2nd. Arenas would help us in the return game and give us depth in the secondary
Share 49ersWebzone