LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

All Eyes on Florida's Pro Day (3/17)

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I'm all for drafting Haden. It would be a steal for the Niners.

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

Secondly, he's not even that good.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

Im still all for drafting Spiller but I wouldn't mind Haden. You can never have enough corners and to have one like Haden playing nickle isn't a bad idea. He may even move his way up to a starting role. How is that bad?

It's bad because we have the worst OL in the league, and we need to fix that immediately. Not to mention that our pass rush is suspect.

Players like Haden come along every single year. He's nothing special. Until next year, we have Clements, Spencer, and Brown, who are all playing great.

I agree on focusing on our o-line, but what if Trent Williams and Anthony Davis are out of the picture? Trent Williams has improved his stock and could be gone by the time we pick. Anthony Davis has been known to be lazy along with character issues. Where do you go now?

No it wouldn't!!

First of all, CB isn't even that great of a need: OT, OG, OLB, S are all greater needs. Would he start ahead of Clements? No. Would he start ahead of Spencer? No. We'd be spending a 1st round pick on a nickle back.

I swear to God, if we spend our 1st pick on Haden, I'm going to punch an infant.

Im still all for drafting Spiller but I wouldn't mind Haden. You can never have enough corners and to have one like Haden playing nickle isn't a bad idea. He may even move his way up to a starting role. How is that bad?

It's bad because we have the worst OL in the league, and we need to fix that immediately. Not to mention that our pass rush is suspect.

Players like Haden come along every single year. He's nothing special. Until next year, we have Clements, Spencer, and Brown, who are all playing great.

I agree on focusing on our o-line, but what if Trent Williams and Anthony Davis are out of the picture? Trent Williams has improved his stock and could be gone by the time we pick. Anthony Davis has been known to be lazy along with character issues. Where do you go now?

Depends on who else is on the board.

In that situation, if Pierre-Paul or Graham were there, I'd take them at #13 and Iupati at #17, then grab an OT in the 2nd and maybe Arenas in the 3rd.
  • evil
  • Veteran

No it wouldn't!!

When the last bowl game was played it was a consensus that Haden was the best CB in this draft but you say he is not that good ?

Those who think that IMHO are just trying to find something to knock him so as to put together a case for not taking him. The kid is still the best corner in this class and if he could unseat Brown as the nickel in his rookie year that would mean we'd be rolling f'n deep at corner and like pass rushers, you can never have too many good corners.
nvm
[ Edited by jreff22 on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:20 AM ]

No it wouldn't!!

Dan Williams, Brandon Graham, or Jared Odrick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Joe Haden > Terrel Brown
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If Haden is 100% - I expect him to run a 4.44 or better.

Quote:
Former Florida #Gators CB Joe Haden turned in a 4.44 40-yard dash per Andrea Adelson of the Orlando Sentinel.

Spot on.

It's about where I thought he'd be. He should be a top 10 pick.

Quote:
I don't know if they go Haden. Scotty has said he likes his corners big, at least 6'0". Haden is a shrimp who is also not very fast. Not a good combination if he is to be a first round pick at corner for the Niners.

Playing the field or what ? You called him slow in the combine thread as well.

Yeah, I know I'm all over the place with Haden. At least now we know he's not slow. The next criteria is whether Scotty takes a corner who is under 6'0" in the first round. Forgive me for my waffling, Haden is really hard for me to gauge.

It's all good, regarding his size, he was 5"10 and 6/8th's so that's basically 5"11 so not short by any stretch. Not ideal size for Scot but the value could be good if he is there. I am not advocating drafting Haden but would not be mad if we did, think he could push Brown for the nickel and would benefit greatly from having Clements to be somewhat of a mentor. There is a lot to like about Joe Haden, and with Atlanta getting Robinson I wonder if Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Houston would attempt to trade up for him ? (Which in turn could force someone else to drop to us).

Yeah, after todays time I don't see him making it to #13. Cleveland at #6 still looks like where he may go first then you got Jacksonville at #10. He just soldified himself as a top 10 pick with his 40 time and would take a Crabtree like scenerio for him to fall to us at #13.

Cleveland at 7 takes Berry before they take Haden (that is if he is there) and don't rule out them trading for up a QB.

Sorry, Cleveland owns the 7th pick not the 6th. I agree, they'll take Berry before Haden, but Berry has to get past Seattle at #6 to get him.

And possibly KC at 5.

If Pete Carroll takes Berry I'm going to punch an infant
Originally posted by jreff22:

No it wouldn't!!

Dan Williams, Brandon Graham, or Jared Odrick

All three of those guys have a possibility of making it to #17 but teams can also reach for them. This draft is pretty unpredictable.

Spiller at 13!

No it wouldn't!!

When the last bowl game was played it was a consensus that Haden was the best CB in this draft but you say he is not that good ?

Those who think that IMHO are just trying to find something to knock him so as to put together a case for not taking him. The kid is still the best corner in this class and if he could unseat Brown as the nickel in his rookie year that would mean we'd be rolling f'n deep at corner and like pass rushers, you can never have too many good corners.

Just because he's the best CB in the draft doesn't mean he's a can't-miss prospect. Kyle Wilson is better anyways.

Drafting Haden would be a f**king travesty.

No it wouldn't!!

Depends on who else is on the board.

In that situation, if Pierre-Paul or Graham were there, I'd take them at #13 and Iupati at #17, then grab an OT in the 2nd and maybe Arenas in the 3rd.

So you would take JPP, a raw prospect with only one year of division 1 football, over Haden? So far, I'm not falling into the hype. I'd rather select Haden or Spiller at 13 who have proven to play very well in tough conferences.

Haden ran a 4.44? That's better, he's top-10. Oh well
Tebow is impressing scouts with his throws.
  • evil
  • Veteran

No it wouldn't!!

Just because he's the best CB in the draft doesn't mean he's a can't-miss prospect. Kyle Wilson is better anyways.

Drafting Haden would be a f**king travesty.

If Haden is not that good but is the best corner in this class then that would make Kyle Wilson even farther from being that good.

who do you think takes him.

I think he goes in the 2nd round and I say jacksonville

How are you watching it?
[ Edited by foreign49er on Mar 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone