I am just not so sure I want to trade a 1st round pick for Gaither. If we could package our 2nd rounder with something else, I would be for that.
Jared Gaither as a FA plus Joe Haden and CJ Spiller?
There are 944 users in the forums
Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they should pass at #13 almost for sure. They will get a 2nd tier Tackle if they take one there. The top 4 - 5 could easily be gone. Why get a 2nd tier Tackle when they can get CJ Spiller at #13 and Brandon Graham at #17?
Get a Tackle in the 2nd round. You should be able to find a RT in the 2nd round. It's overrated to say you need a RT in the 1st round. In fact if you picking in the 1st that person should be able to play LT.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they should pass at #13 almost for sure. They will get a 2nd tier Tackle if they take one there. The top 4 - 5 could easily be gone. Why get a 2nd tier Tackle when they can get CJ Spiller at #13 and Brandon Graham at #17?
Get a Tackle in the 2nd round. You should be able to find a RT in the 2nd round. It's overrated to say you need a RT in the 1st round. In fact if you picking in the 1st that person should be able to play LT.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they should pass at #13 almost for sure. They will get a 2nd tier Tackle if they take one there. The top 4 - 5 could easily be gone. Why get a 2nd tier Tackle when they can get CJ Spiller at #13 and Brandon Graham at #17?
Get a Tackle in the 2nd round. You should be able to find a RT in the 2nd round. It's overrated to say you need a RT in the 1st round. In fact if you picking in the 1st that person should be able to play LT.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they should pass at #13 almost for sure. They will get a 2nd tier Tackle if they take one there. The top 4 - 5 could easily be gone. Why get a 2nd tier Tackle when they can get CJ Spiller at #13 and Brandon Graham at #17?
Get a Tackle in the 2nd round. You should be able to find a RT in the 2nd round. It's overrated to say you need a RT in the 1st round. In fact if you picking in the 1st that person should be able to play LT.
If the top 4 OT's are gone, getting two impact players like Spiller and Graham would be phenomenal. Who do you think are the targets for a 2nd or 3rd round OT to fit the bill?
Originally posted by 9erred:
Jaguars Ebon Britton, 2nd round pick played well at RT. You can find RT's in round twol.
If the Niners got Spiller and Graham in round 1, they could package their 2nd and third rounder to move up for Sam Baker OT for RT.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:Originally posted by 9erred:
Jaguars Ebon Britton, 2nd round pick played well at RT. You can find RT's in round twol.
If the Niners got Spiller and Graham in round 1, they could package their 2nd and third rounder to move up for Sam Baker OT for RT.
Sam Baker? Who is that? You mean the OT for the Falcons?
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Which is why it makes too much sense to trade for Baltimore's OT Jared Gaither.
I am just not so sure I want to trade a 1st round pick for Gaither. If we could package our 2nd rounder with something else, I would be for that.
Jared Gaither as a FA plus Joe Haden and CJ Spiller?
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Which is why it makes too much sense to trade for Baltimore's OT Jared Gaither.
I am just not so sure I want to trade a 1st round pick for Gaither. If we could package our 2nd rounder with something else, I would be for that.
Jared Gaither as a FA plus Joe Haden and CJ Spiller?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they should pass at #13 almost for sure. They will get a 2nd tier Tackle if they take one there. The top 4 - 5 could easily be gone. Why get a 2nd tier Tackle when they can get CJ Spiller at #13 and Brandon Graham at #17?
Get a Tackle in the 2nd round. You should be able to find a RT in the 2nd round. It's overrated to say you need a RT in the 1st round. In fact if you picking in the 1st that person should be able to play LT.