LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

OT Tiers Drop-off after Williams)...Might need to pass on OT in the first round

Originally posted by cupcheck:
What is wrong trading 2011 first and this yr. 3ed to NE. and draft Charles Brown at #22? Take two imedeate impact players at #13 , get as good a prospect ,if not better,because all the good jr's came out in this yrs draft due to the CBA problem.Personally, I'd like Spiller, Kyle Wilson, and Charles Brown this yr.in the first.

Yes. I'm in. We need a RT and if it doesn't happen with our first 2 picks then we need to use next year's first. No longer in "building mode", its time for "playoff mode"
What is wrong trading 2011 first and this yr. 3ed to NE. and draft Charles Brown at #22? Take two imedeate impact players at #13 , get as good a prospect ,if not better,because all the good jr's came out in this yrs draft due to the CBA problem.Personally, I'd like Spiller, Kyle Wilson, and Charles Brown this yr.in the first.

oh.....i dont know....

go ask the panthers.......s**t happens......

The 49ers have MASSIVE value in THIS DRAFT...why throw in picks from next year.

IF they want to throw DRAFT choices around.... GO AFTER RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Dshearn:

oh.....i dont know....

Agreed,s**t happens... like a weak 2011 draft class, a lock out& no football, but just as you said,"9er's have massive value in THIS DRAFT." And thats with 2 first rounders. Reading all the comments proves people see tons of talent in this years first round, get greedy, have 3 first's. You guys can debate how to use them.

I'm in -- time to win now. Trade up into the 1st round for Brown or Iupati.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Yes. I'm in. We need a RT and if it doesn't happen with our first 2 picks then we need to use next year's first. No longer in "building mode", its time for "playoff mode"

Agree -- what people don't understand is that a future #1 is 1/2 as valuable as this year's #1 is because you accelerate player development by a whole season. A second rounder this year is going to be better as a second-year player than a first rounder as a rookie next year,
Originally posted by Dshearn:

oh.....i dont know....

Agreed,s**t happens... like a weak 2011 draft class, a lock out& no football, but just as you said,"9er's have massive value in THIS DRAFT." And thats with 2 first rounders. Reading all the comments proves people see tons of talent in this years first round, get greedy, have 3 first's. You guys can debate how to use them.

i understand your view point , If this coaching staff had a track record to look at , i might even whole heartily agree....

the 49ers might be in the market for a QB next year...... I would not trade out of the first round next year knowing there is a question mark at QB.

that is my biggest reservation.

Are you crazy? Why would we give up a 1st and 3rd next year to move back into the first round this year just to draft Charles Brown? If we want him that bad then we should just draft him 6 spots earlier than he is project to go. Or, we could trade down 3 spots to Houston (20) and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th round pick (throwing the draft trade chart out the window). We might not get the trade value we should according to the draft trade chart but look at the money we would save by drafting Brown at 20 instead of 17. In conclusion we don't have to trade down with only Houston we can trade down a little further as long as we get Charles Brown.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
It's not about Charles Brown specifically. That's just the way I"d use 3 first rounders. Some guy's sound like they would prefer all OL.The point i was developing was 3 players that are high value, high impact, as close to first day starters as can be had in day 1 of the draft.
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM ]
It's not about Charles Brown specifically. That's just the way I"d use 3 first rounders. Some guy's sound like they would prefer all OL.The point i was developing was 3 players that are high value, high impact, as close to first day starters as can be had in day 1 of the draft.

It’s not that people want to spend draft picks on OL. OL is a position of need.
A good OL would benefit the QB, RB, WR, and the entire defense.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:

It’s not that people want to spend draft picks on OL. OL is a position of need.
A good OL would benefit the QB, RB, WR, and the entire defense.

I see that view, but with all the injuries and player shuffling, along with changing QB and offensive philosophy in mid-season,I'm just not sure how much talent we're lacking. It may be more of a case of,lack of depth, poor coaching, and the always important,CONTANUETY! The trenches always need addressing in the draft, but the ticklish question in this draft is how much, and at what cost ? I'm just want the best players at the best value. #1 RB, trumps, #5 OT, BPA.
[ Edited by cupcheck on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:57 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone