LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

It may mean nothing, but earlier today Haden was interviewed on ESPN. Haden said he had strained his back a couple of days before the Combine. He did not think it would affect him much, but it did. He predicted he would easily run the 40 in the 4.3 range at his Pro Day in a couple of weeks. If he does, he's back in the hunt.
As much as I should love Haden to run 4.5 so we could get a shot at drafting him, I hope he kills his 40 and shuts everyone up.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by noobie:
As much as I should love Haden to run 4.5 so we could get a shot at drafting him, I hope he kills his 40 and shuts everyone up.

Of course he's going to kill it. He'll be running on a track, at home, in front of a friendly audience. That's why scouts and coaches discount Pro Day workouts.
why would we draft a CB?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
why would we draft a CB?

To improve our secondary.
Originally posted by sspiker:
why would we draft a CB?

-9fA
RT @Gatrbate: do you still see CLE drafting Haden at #7?> I have talked to 5 different teams and all of them said Hayden won't go in top 10
http://twitter.com/movethesticks
He ran slow on purpose so the Raiders wouldn't draft him.
Originally posted by sspiker:
why would we draft a CB?

why thank you
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

What makes it so funny is how true it is.
  • East49
  • Info N/A
go back and look at his start position, that is why he ran so poorly. His set up restricted the takeoff. Deion couldnt have ran a 4.3 with that ugly stance.
ya.... and Dashon Goldson ran a 4.67

come on down Nate JR.
Are you guys kidding? Haden's the best CB in the country and you're discounting him because he ran a slow 40? What matters is can he play...he's proven he can and in the toughest conference in the country. Remember a guy named Jerry Rice...he never scorched a 40 and he's only the best WR in NFL history. Don't put so much stock in the combine...if Haden's there at #13 or #17, I hope we take him.
Share 49ersWebzone