LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

13th pick = Chargers trade bait?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
am i the only 1 that would be pissed to no extent if we traded our 13th pick for cromartie who had 1 really good yr then fell off the map? especially if spiller is on the board. a 3rd and coffee is what i'll give sd and maybe, MAYBE a 2nd

It would just mean trading back to like 28th and getting Cromartie. He's a good CB, even if he hasn't been as heard from lately as he was 2 years ago when he was an absolute freaking ball hawk. Plus he was a bit banged up. But he's still a good player, and he can return. Chargers didn't have a pass rush at all last year and he still had 3 picks and 10 PDs. Then with the 28th pick we can take Best like one of the other people in here said, or we can take the BPA like a Jerry Hughes or something. I'd do this trade for sure.

Agree it would be something worth thinking about
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If Spiller was still there at #13, and if Cromartie agreed to an extension with us and if there was at least 2 solid OTs to pick from at #16/#17, I'd do that deal.

o shoots i meant best not gilyard dunno what i was thinking lol
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I don't like it....

I want Merriman more..
  • Sacramento49er
  • Info N/A
espn also mentioned the possibility of a glen coffee for cromartie trade, if this included us giving up a 4th or 5th I would be all for it, then we could still ad spiller and a rt in the first, a s or a og in the second and visa versa in the 3rd
Originally posted by Sacramento49er:
espn also mentioned the possibility of a glen coffee for cromartie trade, if this included us giving up a 4th or 5th I would be all for it, then we could still ad spiller and a rt in the first, a s or a og in the second and visa versa in the 3rd

Coffee and a 5th for Cromartie! Now that is a deal I could support.
On the surface it would look like a great trade for the 49ers....The 29th pick and Antonio Cromartie for the 13th pick but you have to ask yourself why is A.J Smith a very good GM, willing to get rid of Cromartie. Cromartie's play has been up and down the last two years after an outstanding 2007 season and I think he has become a little to cocky and I think he is also looking for a huge payday and that is why A.J Smith is willing to give him up in the right deal.

I think if we or whichever team got Cromartie, they would have be willing to pay him 50+mill (around 20mill guranteed) as I believe he is a FA after the 2010 season. Is he worth that money? No!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Antonio Cromartie can't win this all by himself
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Antonio Cromartie can't win this all by himself

lmao that was good
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Sacramento49er:

Coffee and a 5th for Cromartie! Now that is a deal I could support.

Agreed!!
Cromartie had the one big year...believe it was 2006 when he had 10 picks. He's had a total of five since then...so most think his play has dropped off. I'd rather stand pat at #13 and get Haden. While most mocks have him going in the top 10, the past few drafts show the first CB off the board was closer to the middle of the 1st rd. I want no part of Merriman...he's a shell of the player he was...some of that may be attributable to the HGH he was on before, but isn't now.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Cromartie had the one big year...believe it was 2006 when he had 10 picks. He's had a total of five since then...so most think his play has dropped off. I'd rather stand pat at #13 and get Haden. While most mocks have him going in the top 10, the past few drafts show the first CB off the board was closer to the middle of the 1st rd. I want no part of Merriman...he's a shell of the player he was...some of that may be attributable to the HGH he was on before, but isn't now.

Obviously take Haden if he's available, but if he's not and SD is willing to deal, I'm all on board.

Considering we wouldn't lose a draft pick, just move back in the 1st Round, we can still pick up someone like Jones in the 2nd Round and massively improve our secondary while still strengthening our O-line and getting a great pass rush. This is like win-win-win.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
am i the only 1 that would be pissed to no extent if we traded our 13th pick for cromartie who had 1 really good yr then fell off the map? especially if spiller is on the board. a 3rd and coffee is what i'll give sd and maybe, MAYBE a 2nd

I am with you on this one. I am drooling over the prospect of Spiller in our offense just like I was with Crabtree, and Crabtree wasnt supposed to even be there when we picked.

Spiller fills so many holes that I would be pissed if he was still there and we traded that pick for a CB who is afraid of contact. Wasnt there just a thread showing Cromartie shying away from tackles just this season?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Is Cromartie truly worth a high second round pick ? That is a question one has to ask because the difference in 29 and 13 is 510 points (or the 39th pick).
good post but if Spiller runs in the 4.3's he will not be around at 13 most likely.....and if he is we will hopefully take him to fill our game changer as well as much much needed return man (he will most likely be the BPA)
Cromarte and the 28th Pick for the 13th pick!

Hell Yes!!

We still have 2 #1's in a very deep draft.

Cromarte can battle Clements in TC for the #2 CB job, winner starts

#1 Spencer
#2 Cromarte/Clements
#3 Clements/Cromarte
Share 49ersWebzone