LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

13th pick = Chargers trade bait?

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I heard a charger fan on NFL radio calling in hoping to trade Cromartie. He called him the first boom then bust player. They don't like him, and think he doesn't try hard. If they don't want him, I sure don't either.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Forget about SD I want Spiller for ourselves.
i pass
If Cromartie would learn how to tackle, I would welcome this trade. I don't think he will be able to though. Maybe if he got jacked up in the nutcracker drill a couple of times...
Chargers pick pretty low. They need to throw in way more than Cromartie to make that a fair trade.

I'd say Chargers 1st and 3rd this year and a first next year + Cromartie and we have a deal.
Originally posted by genus49:
Chargers pick pretty low. They need to throw in way more than Cromartie to make that a fair trade.

I'd say Chargers 1st and 3rd this year and a first next year + Cromartie and we have a deal.

I would agree with this. Other then this NO!
The main problem in all those scenarios is, that the chargers don't need to trade up that high to get a good RB. There are many people out there, who aren't sure if Spiller is really a back who can carry the full load or if he is a situational player. For the niners he would be a situational guy.

The chargers need a back who can carry the load and they are in a very good position to pick a guy like Jonathan Dwyer or Ryan Matthews without trading up. So i don't see the chargers trade up for Spiller at all.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
thats good clements Cromarte and spencer at CB with the 28th pick

17th pick we can get Bulaga or williams
28th pick we can get best to return punts and kicks

I'm game!
It's an interesting thought but I'd have to say no. Although adding some youth/speed at CB would definatly help; I think what we need most is some range and Safety. IMO getting a guy who can play center field and keep opposing WR's from getting behind them will put us in a better spot overall. Someone like Nate Allen in the 2nd could fit that bill.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

We can get by with our secondary. I think we need Spiller to put a spark in the offense so we can close up some of those narrow defeats we had last season. Which were all of them, except 1.

Our defense is fine, it's the offense that needs help. We could definitely use a Harvin/Hester type weapon, as well as shore up our return game.

I think Cromartie has too much baggage. He's reportedly fallen behind with child Maintenance payments and reportedly has at least 7 different kids with 6 different women and is only 25 years old.

He also grades out at below average for 2009 at Pro Football Focus' site.
Cromartie 2009

I think I'd rather stick with Spiller and one of the OT's in R1.
To me Cromartie is not worth a 1st.
Cromartie might not be even worth a 3rd
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
I think Cromartie has too much baggage. He's reportedly fallen behind with child Maintenance payments and reportedly has at least 7 different kids with 6 different women and is only 25 years old.

He also grades out at below average for 2009 at Pro Football Focus' site.
Cromartie 2009

I think I'd rather stick with Spiller and one of the OT's in R1.

Yeah at first I wanted him but after hearing about him being such a deadbeat dad and how crappy he really was last year I don't want him on this team anymore.
Originally posted by Trajik1:
To me Cromartie is not worth a 1st.

i think well be trading first round picks so i woula acually take the trade cromartie is a #1 corner playing as our 2 spencer is a #2 corner as our 3 so our secondary will be set and with the 27th pick we could draft best to return punts and kicks
Share 49ersWebzone