LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

13th pick = Chargers trade bait?

Originally posted by elguapo:
good post but if Spiller runs in the 4.3's he will not be around at 13 most likely.....and if he is we will hopefully take him to fill our game changer as well as much much needed return man (he will most likely be the BPA)

chris johnson ran what like a 4.2 and wasnt a top 10 pick, spiller could be there at 13th plus other than possible cleveland has much more needs then adding a rb
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
good post but if Spiller runs in the 4.3's he will not be around at 13 most likely.....and if he is we will hopefully take him to fill our game changer as well as much much needed return man (he will most likely be the BPA)

chris johnson ran what like a 4.2 and wasnt a top 10 pick, spiller could be there at 13th plus other than possible cleveland has much more needs then adding a rb

remember the Raiders like speed
Originally posted by valrod33:

no way al davis is that retarded to draft spiller when he already has mcfadden whos pretty much similar to spiller and end up paying 2 rbs a lot of money. they already have michael bush whos solid as well. but then again were talking about al davis
he's still solid. teams don't look his way to much, but he's got a crap attitude at times, but would be a solid option!
Originally posted by valrod33:

no way al davis is that retarded to draft spiller when he already has mcfadden whos pretty much similar to spiller and end up paying 2 rbs a lot of money. they already have michael bush whos solid as well. but then again were talking about al davis

Bricking yourself in there!! No telling with Al
Originally posted by 4thewin:
"the Chargers are looking for a RB, so the No. 13 pick could be even more valuable as trade bait. Cromarte and the Chargers first pick of the draft for No. 13..." was posted by kennerd in Matt Barrows 49ers blog comments. Chargers have made it it very clear, that they're willing to deal Cromarte, and are looking for a back in return. With the 13th pick and the chance to take the most dynamic back in the draft, i feel like we should definitely take a good look at this. This is my first post on the zone, and I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks guys

Great job with your first post! I kinda like it but they may have to throw in other draft picks!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You get a legit pass rushing threat like Graham or Peppers and you'll see Spencer or Clements post similar stats to Cromarte. It's just not coincidence that his biggest year was at the peak of Merriman's career in 2007.

The last thing we need to do is trade down for another #2, #3 type CB and a late 1st round pick. If anything, the NFC West is becoming run-heavy.

Cardinals: With the loss of Warner and the upcoming trade of Boldin, the Cardinals would be stupid not to go towards a run-heavy offense with Wells and Hightower. A duo power-back system will wear teams down, and allow Leinart to utilize Fitzgerald and Doucet.

Rams: With Steven Jackson and no QB, this team is pretty obvious that they will try for a run-oriented system once they shore up their O-Line.

Seahawks: This team poses the biggest threat in the passing game - depending on the health of Hasselback. Otherwise, they do have some talent at the RB position with Forsett and Jones.

The biggest problem we've had on defense was establishing a consistent pass rush against GOOD teams. The lack of pass rush means more time for the opposing QB in the pocket. This allows the opportunity for WRs, RBs, TEs, etc to find the open field from a zone or man-to-man scheme. Since there's only so much the secondary can do in so little time, the opposing QB with his cozy pocket will capitalize on the amount of time and hit the open receivers.

Fixing the secondary starts with establishing a consistent pass rush against good and bad teams.
Originally posted by GEEK:
You get a legit pass rushing threat like Graham or Peppers and you'll see Spencer or Clements post similar stats to Cromarte. It's just not coincidence that his biggest year was at the peak of Merriman's career in 2007.

The last thing we need to do is trade down for another #2, #3 type CB and a late 1st round pick. If anything, the NFC West is becoming run-heavy.

Cardinals: With the loss of Warner and the upcoming trade of Boldin, the Cardinals would be stupid not to go towards a run-heavy offense with Wells and Hightower. A duo power-back system will wear teams down, and allow Leinart to utilize Fitzgerald and Doucet.

Rams: With Steven Jackson and no QB, this team is pretty obvious that they will try for a run-oriented system once they shore up their O-Line.

Seahawks: This team poses the biggest threat in the passing game - depending on the health of Hasselback. Otherwise, they do have some talent at the RB position with Forsett and Jones.

The biggest problem we've had on defense was establishing a consistent pass rush against GOOD teams. The lack of pass rush means more time for the opposing QB in the pocket. This allows the opportunity for WRs, RBs, TEs, etc to find the open field from a zone or man-to-man scheme. Since there's only so much the secondary can do in so little time, the opposing QB with his cozy pocket will capitalize on the amount of time and hit the open receivers.

Fixing the secondary starts with establishing a consistent pass rush against good and bad teams.

I really hope the 3 teams in our division go more towards the run. Try running into Franklin, Willis, and Spikes, well they already haven't had much success doing that. It'll make it even easier beating the division teams.

1) If the draft with Chris Johnson went over again he would go top 5.
2) People are looking for the next Chris Johnson so that helps Spiller and means he will go higher than he would have in previous years if he was in those drafts.
I dont no if you guys watched the NFL last season, or the year prior. Cromartie is known for dogging it on the field and not being aggresive. He isnt a Mike Singletary guy and the 49ERS will not and I repeat will not trade down from 13 in a packaged deal with SD. They would be more willing to trade Coffee than trade down.

This trade is based on the #13 pick...what's to say there'll be an OT Singletary wants at #16/17? Coach won't forsake getting his OT this time...and if they start flying off the board, he won't give up the #13 pick. If there are 2-3 of the best ones still around, that might be a different scenario. From what I saw of Cromartie last year, I'm not sure I'd want him, either. I think he's more cocky than good...do we really need that on our team? I definitely don't want Merriman...he's just not even close to the player he was before his injury and discovery of HGH. He's also got issues off the field. BL: I don't see this trade happening. I think the only way Mac would trade out of the #13 position is if he was just about assured of still getting one of the OT's he wanted at #16/17 and another high draft pick. I really don't see A.J. Smith making that kind of deal.
I think the real problem here is that if AJ smith comes calling looking to swipe a RB out from under you..TAKE THE BACK! I mean the guy drafted LT, Turner and Sproles. I can't think of any team in the league who has consistently drafted quality running backs like the Chargers.
SD would not make the trade as you suggest.

Yes but what you need to remember is CJ was not the best RB in that draft AT THAT TIME. Spiller is, so if a team needs a rb and he is BPA, he will go most ikely before us. CJ was not so much a 1st round projection. He was a late 1st early 2nd
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Forget about SD I want Spiller for ourselves.
Share 49ersWebzone