There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

13th pick = Chargers trade bait?

"the Chargers are looking for a RB, so the No. 13 pick could be even more valuable as trade bait. Cromarte and the Chargers first pick of the draft for No. 13..." was posted by kennerd in Matt Barrows 49ers blog comments. Chargers have made it it very clear, that they're willing to deal Cromarte, and are looking for a back in return. With the 13th pick and the chance to take the most dynamic back in the draft, i feel like we should definitely take a good look at this. This is my first post on the zone, and I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks guys
We give them the 13th pick

we get Cromartie, Merriman and Rivers..sounds fair
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

I like it, lets get it done!!
Welcome Noob!! Good first thread...nothing worse than a bad first impression, and you managed to avoid it.

Cromarte and SD's 1st for our #13 would certainly be worth considering. Didn't see enough of Cromarte to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Anyone know if he can return punts??
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Welcome Noob!! Good first thread...nothing worse than a bad first impression, and you managed to avoid it.

Cromarte and SD's 1st for our #13 would certainly be worth considering. Didn't see enough of Cromarte to have a strong opinion one way or the other.

hes a good return man
thats why i said we should draft spiller and trade for cromartie.
thats good clements Cromarte and spencer at CB with the 28th pick

17th pick we can get Bulaga or williams
28th pick we can get best to return punts and kicks

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 17, 2010 at 18:14:45 ]
If Spiller was still there at #13, and if Cromartie agreed to an extension with us and if there was at least 2 solid OTs to pick from at #16/#17, I'd do that deal.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

That works.

In all reality Cromartie is not worth a 1st rounder. I'd give up Coffee plus a 3rd for him though
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
thats good clements Cromarte and spencer at CB with the 28th pick

17th pick we can get Bulaga or williams
28th pick we can get gilyard to return punts and kicks

Can get gilyard in the second at the pick me have.
Originally posted by smileyman:

That works.

In all reality Cromartie is not worth a 1st rounder. I'd give up Coffee plus a 3rd for him though

Well in the situation stated above, we would be taking in the Chargers 1st rounder as well as Cromarte. So we still have two first round picks at the end of the day. With how deep this draft scores, even a late first rounder is worth a lot.
Originally posted by momoney925:

hes a good return man

How do you know hes a good return guy? Hes had very little experience as a returner. 6 kick returns in the last 2 years with an average of like 13 yards and 1 punt return in his entire career.
am i the only 1 that would be pissed to no extent if we traded our 13th pick for cromartie who had 1 really good yr then fell off the map? especially if spiller is on the board. a 3rd and coffee is what i'll give sd and maybe, MAYBE a 2nd
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by momoney925:

hes a good return man

How do you know hes a good return guy? Hes had very little experience as a returner. 6 kick returns in the last 2 years with an average of like 13 yards and 1 punt return in his entire career.

after watching what he can do, he is god compared to arnaz battle and brandon jones.

plus hes a decent corner back to help us in the secondary..which we need

[ Edited by momoney925 on Feb 17, 2010 at 17:30:11 ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
am i the only 1 that would be pissed to no extent if we traded our 13th pick for cromartie who had 1 really good yr then fell off the map? especially if spiller is on the board. a 3rd and coffee is what i'll give sd and maybe, MAYBE a 2nd

Charges: Cromartie 28th pick
49ers: 13th pick

I would not mind this even if spiller is on the board. We probably get Jhavid best at 28 and Williams at 16/17.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

It would just mean trading back to like 28th and getting Cromartie. He's a good CB, even if he hasn't been as heard from lately as he was 2 years ago when he was an absolute freaking ball hawk. Plus he was a bit banged up. But he's still a good player, and he can return. Chargers didn't have a pass rush at all last year and he still had 3 picks and 10 PDs. Then with the 28th pick we can take Best like one of the other people in here said, or we can take the BPA like a Jerry Hughes or something. I'd do this trade for sure.