LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 2.0

• LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Here you go! The Great Mel Kiper predicts...

1. Ndamukong Suh, DT - Rams
2. Gerald McCoy, DT - Lions
3. Eric Berry - Bucs
4. Jimmy Clausen, QB - Skins
5. Anthony Davis, OT - Chiefs
6. Sam Bradford, QB - Shehawks
7. Joe Haden, CB - Browns
8. Jason Pierre Paul, DE - Raiders
9. Russell Okung, OT - Bills
10. Dez Bryant, WR - Broncos
11. Derrick Morgan, DE - Jags
12. Rolando McClain, IL - Dolphins
13. CJ Spiller, RB - Niners - In Spiller, the 49ers can add a player who complements Frank Gore in a way I don't think Glen Coffee can. Spiller is a home run threat and should spell Gore and diversify the offense. He also provides an upgrade in the return game.
14. Everson Griffin, DE - Shehawks
15. Sergio Kindle, OLB - Giants
16. Trent Williams, OT - Niners - Considering how good Williams is, even at a position that normally doesn't draw high-to-mid first-round picks, getting him here would be of solid value. Williams could step in immediately at right tackle, and the 49ers would upgrade up front.
17. Carlos Dunlap, DE - Titans
18. Mike Iupati, OG - Steelers
19. Kyle Wilson, CB - Falcons
20. Brian Price, DT - Texans
21. Demaryius Thomas, WR - Bengals
22. Brandon Graham, OLB - Patriots
23. Bryan Bulaga, OT - Packers
24. Taylor Mays, S - Eagles
25. Arrelius Benn, WR - Ravens
26. Dan Williams, DT - Cards
27. Bruce Campbell, OT - Cowgirls
28. Terrence Cody, DT - Chargers
29. Devin McCourty, DB - Jets
30. Maurkice Pouncey, C - Vikings
31. Jared Odrick, DT - Colts
32. Sean Weatherspoon, OLB - Saints

Don't mind these results at all

[ Edited by LilAzn9er on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:42:33 ]
Would be very happy with these results.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nice
Kiper nailed it with both our picks.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This mock makes sense, which is why it will probably never happen........
I was wondering when someone would post this.

Like what I see. If Spiller, Williams and Bulaga are all available when we select at 13, we're in good shape. If only 1 of the two tackles are available, we may have to go Oline to make sure we get a RT.
For once I can agree with Kiper!
I like the Spiller pick, but would be disappointed if we took Williams with Bulaga still on the board.
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
For some reason, I just don't believe McCloughan will take Spiller at all. Taking Spiller would admit a mistake of taking Coffee. Wouldn't it?

This would not anger me.
not sure i see sergio kindle or everson griffin going that high but...

just remember this is the same "EXPERT" who had us drafting dwayne jarret in the 1st round a couple years ago...

Originally posted by olapac:

Like what I see. If Spiller, Williams and Bulaga are all available when we select at 13, we're in good shape. If only 1 of the two tackles are available, we may have to go Oline to make sure we get a RT.

my thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
For some reason, I just don't believe McCloughan will take Spiller at all. Taking Spiller would admit a mistake of taking Coffee. Wouldn't it?

no. when you are drafting in the 3rd round of 2009, it doesnt make any sense to try to calculate who will be available with the #13 overall pick of 2010
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
not sure i see sergio kindle or everson griffin going that high but...

just remember this is the same "EXPERT" who had us drafting dwayne jarret in the 1st round a couple years ago...

Originally posted by olapac:

my thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by LilAzn9er:

no. when you are drafting in the 3rd round of 2009, it doesnt make any sense to try to calculate who will be available with the #13 overall pick of 2010

That's a good point there. We drafted Balmer in 2008, and per Matt Maiocco, we would have taken Tyson Jackson at #10 last draft if he was available (and Crabtree was long gone). I know RB is different than DLine, but it seems that Scott could be of the mindset to truly take the BPA, whether that position was drafted recently or not.
I believe Spiller's stock would go up after this combine.
Share 49ersWebzone