LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

McShay's new Mock

• 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
I would love Hayden and pray for it each meal.......j/k but really hope it falls our way

But i really dont see the draft falling out like this AT ALL...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I would love this, getting the 2 best players at their position in the entire draft. But it's not happening. I agree with the poster who said these guys just put stuff out there to generate hits to their site. When it comes to these heads, the only one I trust is Mayock.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

cosigned. Too high to take Iupati IMO. Not a huge fan honestly.

After one game he's fallen out of favor with so many. It's just plain silly.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.
that run on tackles would suck
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.

Finally a voice of reason in this thread. Personally I would be estatic if we ended up with Iupati.

As for the rest of McShay's Mock, well at least he got the 1st pick right

For me its not that he has fallen out of favor. I just would prefer a playmaker at either CB (Haden), RB (Spiller) or OLB (Graham) in addition to our RT. One game in Mobile where he played out of position for a good amount of time doesnt mean that much.
i think if clausen is still there that late minnesota will be the team to take him... they obviously dont have that much confidence in anyone else on their roster...
How does McShay have a job
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
How does McShay have a job?

Seriously.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
How does McShay have a job

He is a very good draft analyst. However, his mock drafts just dont show it.

Eh honestly I've just never been a fan of Iupati's, atleast a huge fan anyway. I liked him some after watching his bowl game but he's supposed to be an NFL calibre OG so yeah he should be expected to toss around some scrub dlineman from bowling green. I just don't like the idea of taking a guard that high when we have a bigger need at RT, and then people say he can play RT, he looked horrible at other positions in the senior bowl(yeah I know it's not the be all end all but still, only look we had at him playing other positions really). At the very most, if you pick him as a guard, play him there because that's where he has the best chance to succeed. I'd rather go sign Bobbie Williams or Stephen Neal and draft Bulaga or Williams or someone at RT. That way we'd get a vet OG to tutor or replace Chilo if Baas stays, we'd fix our line faster. I think everyone saw the scrubs Iupati played at vs Idaho and overrated him a lot.

I like McShay's pick of Joe Haden though.
I don't understand people who say, "OMG! I can't believe he has this player being selected here!"

The draft is never what anybody expects. Who would've thought that Crabtree would last until 10? Or that Tyson Jackson (who?) would be selected 3rd overall? Or that Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers would fall so far?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I don't understand people who say, "OMG! I can't believe he has this player being selected here!"

The draft is never what anybody expects. Who would've thought that Crabtree would last until 10? Or that Tyson Jackson (who?) would be selected 3rd overall? Or that Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers would fall so far?

This is true. And then 5 years from the draft you see players like BMarshal who should've been 1st or 2nd round picks, but for various reasons they went in the 3rd/4th/5th etc. The draft is unpredictable, and not all the times do fans get who they want their team to pick, or teams don't make picks that make sense.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Finally a voice of reason in this thread. Personally I would be estatic if we ended up with Iupati.

As for the rest of McShay's Mock, well at least he got the 1st pick right

Voice of reason hit it on the head.

I love the additions of Haden & Iupati but Spiller to Seattle makes me sick.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Feb 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
  • flow
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone