LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

McShay's new Mock

Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

cosigned. Too high to take Iupati IMO. Not a huge fan honestly.

After one game he's fallen out of favor with so many. It's just plain silly.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.

Finally a voice of reason in this thread. Personally I would be estatic if we ended up with Iupati.

As for the rest of McShay's Mock, well at least he got the 1st pick right

Voice of reason hit it on the head.

I love the additions of Haden & Iupati but Spiller to Seattle makes me sick.

I could see OT's getting over drafted again, there are so many oline needy teams ahead of our pick. It would be reasonable to assume that the Niners may have to reach to get a RT with the first pick and that Iupati would be the highest rated olinemen available with the second pick. Add the pressure to solidify the line if a defensive player is taken first and it would not be that unreasonable.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by wailers15:
I'll tell you this much if Rolando McClain is there we will take him!

Did Scotty tell you this?

LOL! Why wouldn't we? Another Willis type player? Wow can you imagine him & Willis? S-E-X-Y!
Originally posted by asu49ers:
I really think we take a long look at Clausen if he is available at one of our picks. If not, I'm sure we would find a suitor to trade with. Anyways I really think this is a piss poor mock draft.

you should be banned for saying that! f**k Clausen!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Dont like it, we need a real RT in the first round. No more of these tweener type of players.

For others that have seen him play over the course of the year, and watched him easily be the most dominant lineman in practices-- and that includes against Brandon Graham, whom everybody loves, it's clear he's a special player.

Busts have had great Senior Bowls, and good players have had very poor Senior Bowls. I'll take what I have consistently seen in Iupati over an entire season and an entire week of practice over a single game -- a game where he was moved all over the place, to add.

I've been making the same exact argument in the "Selecting 2 O-linemen" thread. I agree completely, but don't let it get to you OTC. That's all webzone talk, we should be used to it by now. If I remember correctly, no one really talked about selecting Brandon Graham in the 1st until the Senior Bowl. After his performance, "he's a must in the 1st". I just don't get some people sometimes.

After seeing Graham play a lot I've wanted him since middle of the college season. He's going to be a f**king beast whether he has the super measurables or not, just cuz he wasn't on all of yours draft radar in the 1st until then doesn't mean he wasn't on mine! I always knew he was going to be a beast. I'm sure of it. The guy made plays in games through double and tripple teams. He's a beast. BEAST.

I've been making the same exact argument in the "Selecting 2 O-linemen" thread. I agree completely, but don't let it get to you OTC. That's all webzone talk, we should be used to it by now. If I remember correctly, no one really talked about selecting Brandon Graham in the 1st until the Senior Bowl. After his performance, "he's a must in the 1st". I just don't get some people sometimes.

After seeing Graham play a lot I've wanted him since middle of the college season. He's going to be a f**king beast whether he has the super measurables or not, just cuz he wasn't on all of yours draft radar in the 1st until then doesn't mean he wasn't on mine! I always knew he was going to be a beast. I'm sure of it. The guy made plays in games through double and tripple teams. He's a beast. BEAST.

Indeed. But it's true that many were skeptical. Some thought I was crazy for stating he was a top 20 talent early in the season and wouldn't fall out of the first round.
I really think we take a long look at Clausen if he is available at one of our picks. If not, I'm sure we would find a suitor to trade with. Anyways I really think this is a piss poor mock draft.

Wait a sec... If all 4 OT were gone, I draft Spiller and trade down and draft Luputi and get a another 3rd rd pick
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
4 OT's within the first 8 picks? Come on McShay you can do better than that

It only takes one or two teams to start a rush on a certain position.

Why?? At 13 or 16/17 you would be getting good value for drafting a qb for that position plus he would give us some insurance if Alex Smith does not pan out next year. This is a QB league and we have a big question mark at that position. Obviously with the other pick I would want us to draft o-line (Iupati).
[ Edited by asu49ers on Feb 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM ]

Why?? At 13 or 16/17 you would be getting good value for drafting a qb for that position plus he would give us some insurance if Alex Smith does not pan out next year. This is a QB league and we have a big question mark at that position. Obviously with the other pick I would want us to draft o-line (Lupati).

I'm getting the feeling that half the people who want Iupati haven't seen him play even or didn't even see the level of competition he played against in his games, considering they're calling him by the wrong name. If they watched him play even once or twice, I think they'd call him by the right name...
It's possible Haden's still on the board...most mocks say otherwise, but if you look at the past several drafts, the top CB has come off closer to mid-1st round, so it could happen. If so, great...he should become a terrific CB. If he's gone, then I see Singletary wanting to go ahead and get his OT...and that should be Bulaga, but if he's gone as he suggests, then Campbell would be the pick. We have to remember he missed out on Oher because Crabtree fell to him...I really don't see him waiting to get his man this time. Iupati's stock should've fallen after his entire Senior Bowl week debacle. He was exposed time after time...as a pass-protection liability. At any rate, he's not worth a #16/17 pick...not when you can get a better all-around OG in the 2nd rd in Alabama's Mike Johnson. We all know how McCloughan feels about OG's value...no way in he!! he takes an OG in the 1st rd. If Haden's gone, then Singletary pulls the trigger on his OT, then does after get BPA w/#16/17 pick. He can still go CB, maybe Warren or Perrish Cox, but the guy I think he'd get best impact from is Penn St DE Jared Odrick. He embodies what we hoped Balmer would be...a big DE who can move the pocket. Let's face it...Sopoaga's never going to be more than a space eater...and that's not good enough for a LDE in the 3-4 defense. Some might say that's a little high for Odrick, but I don't think so...not when you consider how he could improve the DL and contribute a lot his rookie season.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
4 OT's within the first 8 picks? Come on McShay you can do better than that

It only takes one or two teams to start a rush on a certain position.

Come on, some team like Washington or Detroit takes Russell Okung than all of a sudden everyone is scrambling for OT's? No way. 4 OT's in the top 8 is ridiculous. Just too many other good players for that to happen.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
While I like Joe Haden am i the only one who doesn't wanna take a CB in the first round?

I'm more than happy with Clements, Spencer, Brown and Bly/Harris

I've been a huge fan of Graham's since last season. He has reminded me a lot of Lamar Woodley and I was a big supporter in drafting him as well. The only reason why I never had Graham listed in my 1st round radar was because of his size. I felt like he might get the Woodley treatment and drop to the 2nd. Teams who run the 3-4 are a little hesitant to draft a DE from college and have them transition. They have to be very careful (see Jets and Gholston). Things might be different after a great Senior Bowl and his Combine later this month, but he's still a late 1st early 2nd rounder at this point. I see a 4-3 team taking him like the Bengals maybe.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

I've been a huge fan of Graham's since last season. He has reminded me a lot of Lamar Woodley and I was a big supporter in drafting him as well. The only reason why I never had Graham listed in my 1st round radar was because of his size. I felt like he might get the Woodley treatment and drop to the 2nd. Teams who run the 3-4 are a little hesitant to draft a DE from college and have them transition. They have to be very careful (see Jets and Gholston). Things might be different after a great Senior Bowl and his Combine later this month, but he's still a late 1st early 2nd rounder at this point. I see a 4-3 team taking him like the Bengals maybe.

Dude like 95% of all 3-4 OLBs were college DEs? There's maybe 5 teams in the NCAA that run a 3-4. Case in point look at ours Lawson and Harrelson were both DEs. Gholston was just a monumental bust.
I don't see it happening...but I would like to see Haden fall to us.
Share 49ersWebzone