LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

• Stuuk
  • Veteran
Of course just speculation by Peter King but I really hope this doesnt pan out come Draft Day!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/4.html

Quote:
2. I think, if I had to guess right now, I'd say the best shot for Tim Tebow on draft day is San Francisco, at number 13. No proof. No solid evidence. Just this: The Niners gave a tepid endorsement to Alex Smith as their quarterback of 2010 after the season; and Mike Singletary didn't draft him; and Singletary is going to fall in love with Tebow once he meets him after the season; and Tebow is the kind of winner that Singletary has preached he wants since he took the job from Mike Nolan in mid-2008. After Singletary meets Tebow at the Scouting Combine, this is my prediction of his reaction: He'll turn to GM Scot McCloughan and say, "That's my guy. We've got to have him.''
Peter King is full of s**t and talking out his ass.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Yes that does tend to be the case
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind getting him with our 2nd pick depending on what he shows at the senior bowl.

I know im only 1 or 2 people on this board with that opinion too.
now why in the hell would we draft a fullback so high in the draft?
I don't like that he obviously hasn't been groomed to be a pro-style QB, but I also think that we really need an attitude change at QB. You look around the league at the great QB's and they all have an edge to them, not quiet pushovers like Alex Smith.

I wouldn't take him with either of our firsts with so many legitimately solid prospects at other positions we need to address, but if he's still there in the 2nd round, I think it's a chance we should take.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I can't wait for the combine to see these mocks completely destroyed. It's very difficult to peg where Tebow will go.

Peter King's kinda right.

Both Singletary and Tebow are Bible thumpers and Tebow is LIGHT YEARS ahead Alex in terms of intangibles and leadership skills.

It all depends on the Senior Bowl practices though. If Tebow is throwing darts out of a pro style offense, I'd be open to drafting him and I'm not a Tebow fan either. Maybe late first round after a trade down and after the RT has been drafted at #13.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Jan 18, 2010 at 08:09:00 ]
We have had so much success with an Urban Meyer quarterback playing from a spread offense that of course it makes sense to draft another that high!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
now why in the hell would we draft a fullback so high in the draft?
Share 49ersWebzone