There are 145 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
We have had so much success with an Urban Meyer quarterback playing from a spread offense that of course it makes sense to draft another that high!

Unfortunately this
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Peter King is full of s**t and talking out his ass.
P.King usualy doesn't have anything much good to say about
our team, and even then he still doesn't know anything as to the inner
workings of the niner's front office...just another East coast writter who is 3 time zones away and has to stir up the $wit.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
We have had so much success with an Urban Meyer quarterback playing from a spread offense that of course it makes sense to draft another that high!

Unfortunately this

not only that but what's the last time that anyone has heard of a Heisman Trophy winning University of Florida QB amounting to in the NFL. lets see .

pass! unless we're desperate come 5th round or beyond
Saw this on Sports Illustrated in the Monday Morning Quarterback edition. I have always admired King and think he has a very good knack for the pulse of the NFL. I have to say after reading this I am intrigued ...

2. I think, if I had to guess right now, I'd say the best shot for Tim Tebow on draft day is San Francisco, at number 13. No proof. No solid evidence. Just this: The Niners gave a tepid endorsement to Alex Smith as their quarterback of 2010 after the season; and Mike Singletary didn't draft him; and Singletary is going to fall in love with Tebow once he meets him after the season; and Tebow is the kind of winner that Singletary has preached he wants since he took the job from Mike Nolan in mid-2008. After Singletary meets Tebow at the Scouting Combine, this is my prediction of his reaction: He'll turn to GM Scot McCloughan and say, "That's my guy. We've got to have him.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/4.html#ixzz0cz4VWakP
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
I'd take Tim Tebow on my team any day of the week, regardless of who coached him or what system he came from. I wouldn't take him the 1st round though, and might not even take him in the 2nd either (he's obviously going to need a few years to develop)....but if he slipped to the 3rd somehow, I'd definitely draft him.
If he falls to the 3rd round I would take him, before that no chance
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=136815&page=1
Either two routes of thought you can really go with Tebow...

The Dungy/Lou Holtz route who would pick him Number #1....

Or everyone else in the world who see's his flaws and not the idiotic bible writings on his cheek.

If we pick him with our 13th pick....it's official....worse franchise than the Warriors.

King is completely lost.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wouldn't mind getting him with our 2nd pick depending on what he shows at the senior bowl.

I know im only 1 or 2 people on this board with that opinion too.

I would say 3rd round would be cool but before that no thanks
Further proof that King does not know a thing about the 49ers.

-9fA
Ummmm dumb dumb((King) Sing doesn't pull the trigger Scott does.

Epic failure?

I think so.

~Ceadder
Peter King is King of the nutsacs..
Share 49ersWebzone