There are 198 users in the forums

Dez Bryant signs with Eugene Parker

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Not that we were ever going to take him, but any chance of us taking him probably just went out the window.
Quote:
Great Blue North Draft Report

Top WR prospect signs with tough agent … Oklahoma State junior WR Dez Bryant, who missed most of the 2009 season after being suspended by the NCAA for lying about his relationship with former NFL star Deion Sanders, has made an interesting choice of agents. Bryant reportedly has signed with Eugene Parker who was the agent for San Francisco WR Michael Crabtree last year. Many analysts had Crabtree rated as the top prospect overall at this time last year, but he was never able to work out for pro teams because of an injury and was ultimately taken with the 10th pick last April. Parker argued, though, that Crabtree still deserved to be paid as a top 5 pick which resulted in Crabtree holding out the first month of the season. Like Crabtree, Bryant is considered to be the top WR prospect in the 2010 draft with top 5-10 potential, but his off-field troubles, combined with the threat of some protracted negotiations once he is drafted, could scare off some teams with high picks this coming April. Stay tuned!

[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 13, 2010 at 07:23:31 ]
HOLD OUT
Buh Bye

Originally posted by valrod33:
HOLD OUT

I think Dez Bryant may drop close to the 2nd round with his choice of agents.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Buh Bye
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
uh-oh-spaghetti-O
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by valrod33:
HOLD OUT

I think Dez Bryant may drop close to the 2nd round with his choice of agents.

Won't happen. Parker is a very VERY good agent, reputable and very professional despite the fact that most 9er fans dislike him due to the Crabtree negotiation saga. Bryant will still go in the top half of the 1st round.
I don't think this will impact our decision to draft Bryant or not one bit.

Its tough to build a franchise while avoiding one of the biggest agents in the game. This is business - personal grudges have no place here.
These prospects have to quit listening to Deion Sanders. He does way more harm than good.

Originally posted by Overkill:

Its tough to build a franchise while avoiding one of the biggest agents in the game. This is business - personal grudges have no place here.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Overkill:

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dblj55:
These prospects have to quit listening to Deion Sanders. He does way more harm than good.

Why, Sanders recommends these kids to sign with one of the most reputable agents in the biz. Have you seen the recent contracts he's negotiated ? Larry Fitzgerald (not just his extension either but go back and look at his rookie deal where being drafted #3 he still managed to get paid as well as the #1 pick), Jason Peters or Steven Jackson ?
Nice job by Deion
Overreaction by my brothers on the board.

Parker is one of the top agents in the game, and Michael Crabtree was only one in a sea of clients.

Once again, the issue with Crabtree was his inability to workout before the draft. This made his value a mystery, since all scouts, coaches, teams, GM's had was his game tape. Bryant will be working out for scouts, and he will have every opportunity to show his ability, speed, hands, and more.

Does anybody really think Crabtree would have been drafted 10th overall if he worked out? There is no way. So, Parker, as I argued all along, had a very strong argument, especially after his play in 2009, and how pathetic DHB looked on the field.

Bryant is not the player to watch in this draft. It is Bradford, who may not be able to work out before the draft. So, his agent may take the same approach: that his true value is based upon his dominance at the college level, and projection in the NFL. Especially if some QB off the radar jumps over him in the draft, just like DHB jumped Crabtree.

In other words, there is too much of a reaction on this thread.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 13, 2010 at 13:24:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone