LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

All these people suggesting that we should draft Iuputi and play him at tackle really have look at Brandon Albert in Kansas City. Albert was the best guard prospect so far this decade and he really struggled at tackle out of the gates.

It's a pretty big jump to go from guard at Idaho to right tackle in the NFL.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
All these people suggesting that we should draft Iuputi and play him at tackle really have look at Brandon Albert in Kansas City. Albert was the best guard prospect so far this decade and he really struggled at tackle out of the gates.

It's a pretty big jump to go from guard at Idaho to right tackle in the NFL.

Albert was moved to LT and has struggled. Iupati would be placed from the get go at RT.....if he can play there.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM ]
If the niners want Lupati that bad they might want to invest in an OT also just in case he stays at the guard position.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Unless we know for sure that Iupati can move to RT I'd rather just draft a RT at 13 and then take Iupati at 17 and stick him at LG.
http://profootball.scout.com/2/941292.html

Interesting take on the South QBs from Tuesday practice.
http://profootball.scout.com/2/941207.html

Another opinion on the North QBs from Tuesdays practice
Watching the full practice last night with pads was a treat.

Mike Iupati showed his dominance at the guard position after having a stellar performance on Monday's practice. He was like an immovable wall. That is, until they moved him to left tackle where Alualu and Carrington basically threw him to the ground. I agree with most on here that drafting him and moving him to RT may be a little too much for him as we are asking him to refine his footwork on the spot. If we draft him at 16/17, stick him in at guard.

Another player that I was impressed with was John Jerry. Haven't heard too many people talking about him, but he showed good strength and quick feet for a guard that stands 6'6" and 330 lbs. He held his own against Cody too.

Dexter McCluster...need I say more

Taylor Mays...need I say more

Brandon Graham was a menace out there. Quick and unblockable.

Ducasse had another disappointing day. He was getting beat at LT so they tried him at guard where he was basically overpowered.

Tebow looked much better taking snaps and taking the 4-5 step drops. His passes still didn't have consistent velocity, but he did show some good touch on long balls he threw to McCluster and Cooper.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
If the niners want Lupati that bad they might want to invest in an OT also just in case he stays at the guard position.

Agreed. I would like to see him drafted and stay at guard, but also sign a FA tackle in the offseason. One that doesnt have an injury history. Either way, I would prefer the Niners to get a FA lineman (either guard or tackle), and then draft whichever need they didnt fill in FA. Then with the other first round pick, go after an offensive game-changer like Spiller, if he is available.
from what ive seen so far;

Iupati looks impressive, especially against Graham

Graham, looks good, except against Iupati.

Jacoby Ford, looks fast has good speed and running great routes.

LeGarrette Blount looks big and explosive to me.

Pike looks impressive.

I like Larry Asante, he looks good for a safety. Made a nice play on that LeFevour pass.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Tebow

Whoever saw him taking snaps from under center and still wants to draft him with a 1st is

Really? One practice, the first day of practice no less, and you're ready to draw conclusions about his ability to take a snap from center?

I agree that Tebow isn't 1st round material, but dude, that's pretty lame.

You are agreeing with me yet I am lame

regardless, Tebow is going to be a project at the QB position. Our team can't afford a project 1st round pick for a while.

He is better suited to be groomed on the sidelines on a team that can afford to wait, a team with few holes

I'll break it down for you, since two things can be equally true.

1.) I agree that Tebow isn't 1st round material.

AND

2.) Nobody in their right mind makes a draft status assessment based on one all-star practice, much less what happens on the 1st day of that practice.

So my point was, I agreed that Tebow isn't a 1st round QB, but not because of what happened during the first session at the Senior Bowl practices. That's literally meaningless.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
from what ive seen so far;

Iupati looks impressive, especially against Graham

Graham, looks good, except against Iupati.

Jacoby Ford, looks fast has good speed and running great routes.

LeGarrette Blount looks big and explosive to me.

Pike looks impressive.

I like Larry Asante, he looks good for a safety. Made a nice play on that LeFevour pass.

I'm still not very impressed with Pike. Doesn't show good velocity on the ball and I've seen a few ducks thrown out there.

I like Blount and he runs angry. The thing that bothers me is his pass blocking. He does this hop step like he's faking to cut block and he ends up getting beat. Coaches need to address that.

Iupati and Graham are incredible athletes. Would love both players in Niner unis.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Quote:
NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock believes Cody is a first-round talent for teams seeking potential stars in the middle.

"However, because he's so big and there's been these weight questions off the field, I'm not sure he's going to sneak into the first round," Mayock said.

The lingering questions for NFL teams, Mayock said: "How many snaps are you going to get out of Cody? And are they going to be high-level snaps?"

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=09000d5d815fc5bc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

You guys think he falls to the 2nd rd?
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

CJ Spiller and Bulaga in the 1st.
Safety or Pass Rusher in the 2nd (Morgan Burnett or Brandon Graham?)
John Jerry in the 3rd.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.

LOL it's just that the love for Iupati, which is quite understandable, may blind most of the fans when coming to the draft. Iupati is getting a lot of praise especially from Mayock and Chavous on the NFL Network. John Jerry is making an impact but not as popular. I would take that draft I listed above anyday though
[ Edited by SF69ers on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone