There are 224 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
So every analyst loves him but grade him out as a late first round pick

this zone loves him and grade him as a top 15 pick

If by the end of the week it's obvious that he's capable of playing OT in the NFL top 20 is where he's headed.

Patrick Willis was a stud prospect, but he went 11.

It's all about getting good value for the right position.
NFLDraftScout with CBS Sports has Iupati at #22. So what if we reach 5 or 6 spots for him under that guise, sounds like a wise choice to me. Now we are just talking value. Screw value, I want a solid pro-bowl OL. Yup, that looks like Iupati.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Tuesday.php

NFLDraftCountdown observed the 49ers staff on Tuesday talking to

CB Chris Cook Virginia
ILB Phillip Dillard Nebraska

I'm not surprised at the Phillip Dilliard observation. It's a known fact that the 49ers have tried to find a running mate with Willis at ILB whether it be Briggs in 07 or Curtis Lofton in 08. I think ILB is a higher priority than most would think despite the drafting of Scot McKillop last year. They see him as a Jeff Ulbrich/special teams ace.

Chris Cook of course has the obvious measurables that McCloughan loves. 6-2 212lbs, 32" arms

I'm also interested in whether they think Sean Weatherspoon can play ILB in the 3-4
[ Edited by DesiDez on Jan 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM ]
http://draftbreakdown.com/senior-bowl-blog-tuesday

Draftbreakdown saw the 49ers talking also to:

CB Perrish Cox OSU
DE Jared Odrick PSU

In my last post the 49ers also spoke to Cook and Dillard. Coincidently, the 4 players that talked to the 49ers all have character question marks:

Cook - academically suspended in 08
Cox - suspended for the bowl game (miss curfew on New Years Eve)
Odrick - received police citation for punching another student (alcohol related)
Dillard - fined for driving with a suspended license

They probably just talked to these players to clear some things up.
Tebow

Whoever saw him taking snaps from under center and still wants to draft him with a 1st is
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Tebow

Whoever saw him taking snaps from under center and still wants to draft him with a 1st is

Really? One practice, the first day of practice no less, and you're ready to draw conclusions about his ability to take a snap from center?

I agree that Tebow isn't 1st round material, but dude, that's pretty lame.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Tebow

Really? One practice, the first day of practice no less, and you're ready to draw conclusions about his ability to take a snap from center?

Especially since he didn't have any of those problems today (not that I saw anyway).
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
So every analyst loves him but grade him out as a late first round pick

this zone loves him and grade him as a top 15 pick

If by the end of the week it's obvious that he's capable of playing OT in the NFL top 20 is where he's headed.

I'm sorry but the guy is a bad ass OG we need to stop screwing with players positions and keep him there if we take him. Besides, a lot of our problems were pressure up the middle and Frank getting hit in the backfield. I'm not even sure I'd want Iupati, I wouldn't mind taking Asamoah or the OG from Bama in the 2nd honestly. He's an awesome player but there's a few more good guards. THere's a few players I really want, Kyle Wilson, Brandon Graham, etc. I'd love to see us trade back so we could get an extra 2nd rounder and actually get another impact player.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I have watched both days of the north practice, and thought Jacoby Ford didn't shine at all. For someone with that much track speed it certainly doesn't translate
to the field, and we already have Jason Hill.

I'll admit I haven't actually watched the practices, but after watching Ford for 4 years at Clemson, I don't see how you could arrive at that conclusion. Watch these game clips and tell me he isn't running at a faster clip than everyone else on the field (with the possible exception of Spiller). In fact, many people have commented on the fact that Ford often accompanied Spiller on his TD returns and looked to be faster or easily running interference while keeping up with Spiller.

Exactly what I've noticed too. In fact, I've seen Ford actually catch up to Spiller and run alongside to paydirt. That doesn't smack of being slow to me!
Originally posted by DesiDez:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Tuesday.php

CB Chris Cook Virginia

I'm not surprised at the Phillip Dilliard observation. It's a known fact that the 49ers have tried to find a running mate with Willis at ILB whether it be Briggs in 07 or Curtis Lofton in 08. I think ILB is a higher priority than most would think despite the drafting of Scot McKillop last year. They see him as a Jeff Ulbrich/special teams ace.

Chris Cook of course has the obvious measurables that McCloughan loves. 6-2 212lbs, 32" arms

I'm also interested in whether they think Sean Weatherspoon can play ILB in the 3-4

They see McKillop as much more than just a special teams ace. Of all their selections last year, McCloughan was definitely the most excited by McKillop in the 5th. Big East defensive player of the year and college football's tackles leader coupled with the ideal frame (6'1" 244lbs) for the TED linebacker position, and I think its pretty clear they see him as Spikes' eventual replacement.

Tebow

No - his delivery is whats lame... Sorry people, no matter how great they are as people, Urban Meyer QB's dont amount to s**t in the NFL.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Tebow

No - his delivery is whats lame... Sorry people, no matter how great they are as people, Urban Meyer QB's dont amount to s**t in the NFL.

Lets hope that statement isnt true.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

CB Chris Cook Virginia

They see McKillop as much more than just a special teams ace. Of all their selections last year, McCloughan was definitely the most excited by McKillop in the 5th. Big East defensive player of the year and college football's tackles leader coupled with the ideal frame (6'1" 244lbs) for the TED linebacker position, and I think its pretty clear they see him as Spikes' eventual replacement.

Just because he thought that when they drafted him doesn't mean they still think that. They did go out and sign a ILB after his first start I believe.
Nice to see the 49ers talking to some playmakers at the Senior Bowl, even if they have a few problems or questions about character.
Tebow

You are agreeing with me yet I am lame

regardless, Tebow is going to be a project at the QB position. Our team can't afford a project 1st round pick for a while.

He is better suited to be groomed on the sidelines on a team that can afford to wait, a team with few holes
Share 49ersWebzone