LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 127 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Senior Bowl 2010

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Notes:

- Wayne State's Joique Bell has not disappointed. He's a one-cut and go, no-nonsense runner who won't dance around in the backfield. He reportedly has been doing very well in pass protection and with his size and speed, I expect Bell to go perhaps in the middle rounds. Did not drop any passes that hit his hands.

- WR Taylor Price had an easy pass dropped. Price has inconsistent hands, and this is likely why he'll go in the later rounds despite his speed.

- Graham? Iupati? Both have yet to experience a "bad day."

- Syd'Quan Thompson should not be drafted any higher than the 4th. He doesn't strike me as one of the "tough, thick" small guys, but as a player who will simply be overpowered in the NFL even by other similar-sized players. He cannot play press coverage, and has not been displaying great recovery speed. His only positive asset is a quick break on the ball on shorter routes. That's great, but if he's constantly giving up big plays, he won't last long in the NFL.

- Jacoby Ford made some beautiful adjustments to make some nice catches and displayed good speed and sensational quickness off the snap to beat Kyle Wilson in one-on-one drills.

- I like OLB Koa Misi the more I see him play. He's dropped weight so he's much quicker now, yet still plays with great leverage and has a heck of an initial pop to knock linemen off balance. A great 3-4 OLB prospect in the middle rounds.

- DT Cam Thomas looks like he's really been working at his technique. The only question for him is endurance, as in many games this season he did appear to wear down towards the end. I suppose it's not all that surprising, considering his size. But Thomas has been showing good strength as well as a powerful rip move to break through the grasp of interior linemen.

Ford looks great, I hoped he would slide to the 2nd but I doubt that happens now.

Murphy is VERY physical and looks like a solid CB

Mays is....well......should be a LB

Allen looks good at FS

Iupati was outstanding today. Only issue I can see is he doesn't seem 100% comfortable alone at the edge. With some coaching and time I think he can move to RT easily...not sure about LT.

Thompson doesn't have the top end speed, once he gets hit with a go route he cant keep up.

Cox is looking good.

Dex will be a 2nd round lock.

Wang looked pretty good today. I'm not sure if he's quick enough for LT but he moves pretty well.

Graham was fantastic...only time I saw him get stopped was against Iupati.

Something is up with Cooper, he looks like Braylon Edwards.

Arenas wont be able to match up well with any WR's in the NFL. Looking at him compared to every WR he looks to short and I doubt his vert will be good enough to go up after the ball.

Murphy is practically an Al Harris clone. Now, he has a huge propensity to gamble and is probably going to be beat quite a bit early in his career biting on pump-fakes, unless he can be coached to play more disciplined. 2nd-3rd round projection right now.

If he was sitting in the 3rd I would love to pull the trigger, the kid is violent. And my gf lil sis goes to USF sooooooooo......she can pull some strings since she knows some of the players and could get me some cool s**t.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

CJ Spiller and Bulaga in the 1st.
Safety or Pass Rusher in the 2nd (Morgan Burnett or Brandon Graham?)
John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.

I would love that draft but I highly doubt Graham makes it to the 2nd round.
I'm a huge Iupati supporter but would any of you be opposed to passing up on Iupati in the 1st and selecting John Jerry in the 3rd?

John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL Are you kidding me??? Spiller, Bulaga, Graham, and Jerry would be a haul that anyone in their right mind would have to salivate over. I am with you 100% on that and would gladly pass on Iupati for that.

LOL it's just that the love for Iupati, which is quite understandable, may blind most of the fans when coming to the draft. Iupati is getting a lot of praise especially from Mayock and Chavous on the NFL Network. John Jerry is making an impact but not as popular. I would take that draft I listed above anyday though

I would really love that draft for sure
Originally posted by tohara3:

John Jerry in the 3rd.

LOL it's just that the love for Iupati, which is quite understandable, may blind most of the fans when coming to the draft. Iupati is getting a lot of praise especially from Mayock and Chavous on the NFL Network. John Jerry is making an impact but not as popular. I would take that draft I listed above anyday though

I would really love that draft for sure

Since it seems like Graham would probably be out of the picture by the time we pick in the 2nd, I would take Perrish Cox, Morgan Burnett, or any other good safety/corner available.
when is it ?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
when is it ?

Senior Bowl is on Saturday.
Now we have another option in the mids at OG, Ole Miss Jerry!

"Jerry impressed scouts on Monday with his weight, measuring in 18 pounds lighter than his listed 350 pounds and actually coming in nearly an inch taller than his listed 6-5. The second-team all-SEC selection showed surprisingly quick feet and great strength while at right tackle Tuesday, easily handling the bull rush. The versatile lineman saw action at right guard Monday, but remained outside almost exclusively yesterday."

Leave him at OG, but man he can shift to the end if something happens to our new ROT. Depth is essential and he seems to be better at both than Ducasse right now.

Oh goody!!!! More options!
Originally posted by ninertico:

"Jerry impressed scouts on Monday with his weight, measuring in 18 pounds lighter than his listed 350 pounds and actually coming in nearly an inch taller than his listed 6-5. The second-team all-SEC selection showed surprisingly quick feet and great strength while at right tackle Tuesday, easily handling the bull rush. The versatile lineman saw action at right guard Monday, but remained outside almost exclusively yesterday."

Leave him at OG, but man he can shift to the end if something happens to our new ROT. Depth is essential and he seems to be better at both than Ducasse right now.

I remember people saying that he was a guy who could only play inside because he weighed so much. Now he doesn't weigh so much and he's not a bad prospect. I wouldn't mind picking him somewhere honestly. Especially if he can play RT.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I remember people saying that he was a guy who could only play inside because he weighed so much. Now he doesn't weigh so much and he's not a bad prospect. I wouldn't mind picking him somewhere honestly. Especially if he can play RT.

Getting that weight under control just upped his value. If he can keep himself in the 330's, that'd be terrific for Jerry.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Does anyone think Graham is going to make it out of the first round?

No. Even though he is shorter than what teams typically like, and has shorter arms, he is dominating the Senior Bowl talent, was a star in college, has a ready to play build and mentality, and is a guy who is going to produce right away.

He is so quick and strong that it will be difficult for teams to contain him at the next level.

Here is a good, make that great Senior Bowl report on Iupati.. I also posted this in the Iupati thread.

I am sold on this guy!! We need to take him with #13, if he even lasts that long.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b2CWF
Just heard more confirmation the SS Myron Rolle looks outstanding out there at the Senior Bowl. McShay reporting on ESPN that Rolle looks more athletic and fluid than "he's ever seen him before." Apparently, Rolle is in peak physical condition and his ability to step in after a year away and be ready with only a month to prepare is really impressing scouts.

I still have Rolle tabbed as a 3rd round talent. McShay projects him to go in the late 2nd to 4th rounds. That sounds accurate to me. I don't think he'll fall beyond the 4th unless he bombs at the combine.
I was very impressed with Brandon Graham when I saw him play this season. He gave Bulaga fits off the edge with his speed rush when he played against Iowa.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Here is a good, make that great Senior Bowl report on Iupati.. I also posted this in the Iupati thread.

I am sold on this guy!! We need to take him with #13, if he even lasts that long.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b2CWF
When you hit the link, it takes you to the main page for this writer, but you can find the Iupati story on the right hand side...Just an FYI

Great to hear that the average for his placement now is around mid to late first as we all expected who wanted him. Like they said, he sticks out like a sore thumb in a very good way, dominating!!

I say our second pick in the first is around that range. Again, I just don't see Seattle going after him at #14 with true LOT prospects still on board. Therefore, I say we can grab Spiller at #13, a top 10 pick after the Combine, and then Iupati at either #16/17.

Still, if we went with a ROT at 16/17 and land someone like Asamoah, Ducasse, Johnson, or Jerry, I would be content, but not ecstatic.

I believe right now he's in the early to mid twenties grade given the averages out there and the "buzz" in articles on the Senior Bowl. However, I see him as a mid to early twenties pick because of the awesome display of physical traits by him blowing away his competition at OG and possibly OT by the end of the Combine.

We take him with our second first! Damn it!

PS How did K. Wilson do today?
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM ]

I've been talking about this guy all day today and yesterday. If we decide to draft Spiller and Bulaga in the 1st, Jerry in the 3rd wouldn't be a horrible consolation prize.
Share 49ersWebzone