There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Iupati over Spikes?

Iupati over Spikes?

I don't want Iupati to play RT, I want him to play LG. A lot of the pressure this year has come from right up the middle, and he could open up some great holes for Frank too. We can sign a decent RT, or at the worst resign Pashos for cheap. Good guards are expensive, just look at guys like Faneca, and this year Stephen Neal. They cost hella dollars. I'd rather just play Iupati at his natural position and that way we know there won't be too much pressure from up the middle.
I believe we are going to NEED Iupati not only to bolster our line but its looking like STL is going to have Suh and we need some1 that can bang with him in the trenches. I think we could kick Rachal out to RT since that was what most draft experts saw him as coming out of USC.
It looks like after everyone watched Iupati completely dominate in his bowl game the Iupati vs. Spikes debate is pretty much over. So lets change it up a bit. With our second first round pick we will be around 15-18 and could see both Spiller and Iupati at that position. So.... assuming we pick up the best RT available with our first first round pick, would you go with Iupati or Spiller with our second first round pick? I personally would have to go with Spiller. I love what I've seen from Iupati, and I think he could fix a lot of our problems on the O-line, but Spiller is just too much fun to watch and would love to see him as a change-of-pace back/punt returner. What do you think?
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
It looks like after everyone watched Iupati completely dominate in his bowl game the Iupati vs. Spikes debate is pretty much over. So lets change it up a bit. With our second first round pick we will be around 15-18 and could see both Spiller and Iupati at that position. So.... assuming we pick up the best RT available with our first first round pick, would you go with Iupati or Spiller with our second first round pick? I personally would have to go with Spiller. I love what I've seen from Iupati, and I think he could fix a lot of our problems on the O-line, but Spiller is just too much fun to watch and would love to see him as a change-of-pace back/punt returner. What do you think?

If we don't pick up an OG in free agency yes I would take Iupati over Spiller.

Or another way to put it I would take a likelye 10+ year All Pro over a situational running back and return guy.