There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

Clausen is still the only decent pro QB prospect. Jevan Snead has regressed... Colt McCoy still sucks. Tebow is a fullback. Sam Bradford is Alex Smith.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
I really going towards the Pike bandwagon. He's got arm strength, accuracy, and mobility. A mix of Joe Flacco and Shaun Hill.

Wait, which one does Shaun Hill have?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
Clausen is still the only decent pro QB prospect. Jevan Snead has regressed... Colt McCoy still sucks. Tebow is a fullback. Sam Bradford is Alex Smith.

Those (that are bolded)
Jake Locker though looks like he'll do good in the pros.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maybe it's just me but nobody is impressing me at all.

Agreed. I do like how Clausen has responded after the beating he took the last 2 years. He's doing very well on what's really a sub par team with a famous helmet. But he should stay another year. Considering the lack of competition though he may pull a Sanchez and come out tooo early based on his possible draft slot.
I hate to say it, but Colt has regressed to the Colt of 2 years ago. He is too focused on getting the ball to Shipley and not making good read. Also seems a bit shell shocked as the line has not been as good as advertised.
I''ve been on record for over a year that I don't think Bradford will adapt well in the NFL.

Watching the Oklahoma game all you y i don't see a had to do was double team Shipley. He just locked on to him 90% of the time. The development of Davis becmoes even more crucial as he might eventually get a shot. I really don't see a solution to the Niners qb problem in this draft. Go oline, safety or BPA. I need to see somebody step up and not be hyped up.
As a Notre Dame diehard, I really think Clausen would benefit from another year in school. I look forward to seeing what Dayne Crist can do, eventually, but another year for Jimmy would be his best move, as far as learning more, and as higher draft pick.

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

Have you watched Jake Locker?? He is very good and more than just a decent prospect. Oh.. one more thing.. Bradford is 1000 times better than Alex Smith even with a damaged shoulder.

I do agree with you on Snead, McCoy, and Tebow though. Not high on any of them.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Have you watched Jake Locker?? He is very good and more than just a decent prospect. Oh.. one more thing.. Bradford is 1000 times better than Alex Smith even with a damaged shoulder.

I do agree with you on Snead, McCoy, and Tebow though. Not high on any of them.

Jake makes plays, but he's another one that I think would benefit from another year.

Now that I think about it, every QB would benefit from a SR year before heading to the next level.
the guy the Niners pass on. He will be the best.
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
take clausen!! from watching him he looks like an nfl qb
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
As a Notre Dame diehard, I really think Clausen would benefit from another year in school. I look forward to seeing what Dayne Crist can do, eventually, but another year for Jimmy would be his best move, as far as learning more, and as higher draft pick.

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

I thought Jimmy was all hype prior to this year, but now I think he could be the #1 QB in NEXT YEAR's draft.

If he comes out this year...
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mando1988:
take clausen!! from watching him he looks like an nfl qb

ur joking right?
National Football Post's latest Rankings

1. QB Jake Locker, Washington (6-foot-3, 226 pounds)

5. QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (6-3, 223)

28. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (6-4, 223)

Wow, I would be really surprised if the draft went anything like that.
Originally posted by Overkill:

14. QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (6-7, 238)
He still has a way to go, but his physical skill set instantly makes him one of the nation’s top quarterback prospects.

I'm surprised Mallett's in there. I'd figure he could use another year because he's only a sophomore.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by Overkill:

14. QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (6-7, 238)
He still has a way to go, but his physical skill set instantly makes him one of the nation’s top quarterback prospects.

I'm surprised Mallett's in there. I'd figure he could use another year because he's only a sophomore.

Nice catch. I must have skipped right over his name.

I have honestly only seen his highlights on ESPN, but it seems like most people really like this kid. If all these guys returned for another year, than next year's QB class could be really strong.
I'm still against drafting a QB this year, but Ryan Mallett has looked pretty damn good.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home