There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Berry ?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we'd need a miracle for him to fall to us. Then again, that's what everyone said about us getting crabtree. So you never know. But I seriously doubt it happens.

No I never thought he could fall to us...I am saying we trade up..to #3 if we have to.
ohhh, that wont happen. We have bigger needs to address. Sorry man, just read your entire post. Just wishful thinking on my part.
ohhh, that wont happen. We have bigger needs to address. Sorry man, just read your entire post. Just wishful thinking on my part.

knowing what we know now about Patrick Willis, would you have been willing to trade up from #11 if we had toa few years back to get him?
Originally posted by TonyMantana:

knowing what we know now about Patrick Willis, would you have been willing to trade up from #11 if we had toa few years back to get him?

of course.

of course.

So if Eric Berry was a slam dunk to be defensive ROY, go to three straight pro bowls and lead our team in interceptions for the first three years I assume you would be willing to trade up and get him as well?
[ Edited by TonyMantana on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM ]

You can't really use that kind of logic though. No one knows 100% how a player will translate into the pros. Plus, Patrick Willis is an ILB and ILBs aren't usually select that high.

Would I want Eric Berry? Absolutely. He's been one of my favorite college players the last two years. But no way we're going to trade up for him especially with other talented safeties available in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

You can't really use that kind of logic though. No one knows 100% how a player will translate into the pros. Plus, Patrick Willis is an ILB and ILBs aren't usually select that high.

Would I want Eric Berry? Absolutely. He's been one of my favorite college players the last two years. But no way we're going to trade up for him especially with other talented safeties available in the 2nd round.

THIS
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
If Berry falls to five or later (which I think is very possible), the Niners organization would be foolish to not trade up to get him.

At #5 you can trade our 1a and a 2nd and next year's 3rd to move up and grab him. You can then trade our 1b back to the 20-25 range and get another second.
i would trade up for him our 1st and a 2nd for the 4th or 5th overrall pick and that way we can get an OT with the 17th pick
Originally posted by smileyman:
If Berry falls to five or later (which I think is very possible), the Niners organization would be foolish to not trade up to get him.

At #5 you can trade our 1a and a 2nd and next year's 3rd to move up and grab him. You can then trade our 1b back to the 20-25 range and get another second.

I like all the enthusiasm of being able to trade up and all, but what makes everyone think that the other team is willing to trade with us? They could possibly be thinking the same thing, that Eric Berry is a CAN'T MISS prospect.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I like all the enthusiasm of being able to trade up and all, but what makes everyone think that the other team is willing to trade with us? They could possibly be thinking the same thing, that Eric Berry is a CAN'T MISS prospect.

If you're a team in the top 5 you have more than one need and could always use an extra 2nd rounder. Right now that team is the Chiefs. I could see them wanting to trade back to grab Graham for defense and then use 2 second rounders on other positions of need.
Also remember a top 5 pick is a tad more expensive than the number 13 pick

If you're a team in the top 5 you have more than one need and could always use an extra 2nd rounder. Right now that team is the Chiefs. I could see them wanting to trade back to grab Graham for defense and then use 2 second rounders on other positions of need.
if the chiefs could get okung or berry, but especially okung, i dont see them trading down. if they still plan with cassel, they have to protect him as best as they can. protecting>pass rush...i think that you can get a good enough pass rusher in the 2nd or even in the 3rd (at least with the chiefs' picks).
IF berry and okung and mccoy/suh are gone by the chiefs' pick, it could be possible that they will trade down because i dont see them drafting neither clausen nor bradford. i think that the bills want to secure either of them before the hawks can do the same--->the chiefs go down to 9th ovr and get the bills' 2nd-rounder.
but this whole scenario is too unrealistic to happen.

of course.

So if Eric Berry was a slam dunk to be defensive ROY, go to three straight pro bowls and lead our team in interceptions for the first three years I assume you would be willing to trade up and get him as well?

I really want Berry, but don't forget there will be a lot of teams after him.

If what you said above is true, then every single team would be trading to get him!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home