LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Eric Berry ?

Originally posted by dbdublin:
If he's there the answer is not yes, we take him. It's hell yes, we take him. Don't get your heart set though. Looks like he's going top 5. He'll be long gone by the time we're up unless we're picking as high as 7 or 8.

Agree
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
If we get Eric Berry and Trent Williams..........
lock thread no way we get berry with the panthers continuing to win and were gonna end the season 8-8. damn panthers why did delhomme have to get injured
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
lock thread no way we get berry with the panthers continuing to win and were gonna end the season 8-8. damn panthers why did delhomme have to get injured

Pretty much...say goodbye to Berry and McClain
Originally posted by genus49:

yup and haden too hopefullt we can still land trent williams brian balugula (spelling?) and spiller although i would not say no to packaging both our 1st rounders for berry or i wouldnt even mind okung
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Dec 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Eric Berry.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

yup and haden too hopefullt we can still land trent williams brian balugula (spelling?) and spiller although i would not say no to packaging both our 1st rounders for berry or i wouldnt even mind okung

Are you serious? If we traded our 2 first rounders for either of those guys I'd stop watching football for a while.

Both are great prospects but there is plenty of talent we can get with those 2 first rounders. We're not good enough to package away stuff for 1 more guy. Especially a safety.

...as long as we stay the F away from Mays we can get some good guys there.

I'm hoping Anthony Davis is there when we pick but his stock keeps rising :(

Are you serious? If we traded our 2 first rounders for either of those guys I'd stop watching football for a while.

Both are great prospects but there is plenty of talent we can get with those 2 first rounders. We're not good enough to package away stuff for 1 more guy. Especially a safety.

So much for that top 10 pick, but at least we can still get a very good player.
Originally posted by tohara3:

So much for that top 10 pick, but at least we can still get a very good player.

2 that is, we'll probably have back to back picks
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Eric Berry.

We can still land a great OT and maybe Spiller or Best with those picks. I love Berry though I'd trade my 1st 1st round pick and a couple future picks to cleveland to get the 5th pick If he's there. No way we part with our 2nd first round pick or more then 1 pick later in this draft. I'd definately be willing to make a deal with cleveland after the deal they did with the jets last season.
It looks like based on the remaining games that we will be drafting at 11 and 12 in the first. If Berry was still available I would watch out for the end of the universe.
Originally posted by Born49R:
It looks like based on the remaining games that we will be drafting at 11 and 12 in the first. If Berry was still available I would watch out for the end of the universe.

11 and 12 would be the best case scenario. It could be that at least one of the picks will be as low as at least 15-16. There are currently 10 teams that we have no chance in finishing with worse records than. There are also 11 teams with either a 7-8 or 8-7 record.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

11 and 12 would be the best case scenario. It could be that at least one of the picks will be as low as at least 15-16. There are currently 10 teams that we have no chance in finishing with worse records than. There are also 11 teams with either a 7-8 or 8-7 record.

True that, but most of the teams that might be tied with us have a harder strength of schedule which makes this scenario likely. Having said that, I didn't expect Carolina to beat the Giants today so while one of our picks should be in that range other could be slightly higher.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Share 49ersWebzone