LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

did anyone see mays collide with pryor last night? It was the battle of two horses!!! Guys are both pure breeds!
Berry was the best player I saw yesterday. The Vols offense did nothing to help them win.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Berry was the best player I saw yesterday. The Vols offense did nothing to help them win.

Unfortunately, very true statement. I just dont even see Berry vs. Mays being a comparison. Berry did more as a true frosh than Mays has done his entire career, play making wise. Mays is a great athlete, but I just dont see him on the same level as Berry as a play maker and game changer.
Watching the Ten/Fla game... Berry is game, he might be worth moving up in the first round to get.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by fan49:
after all the stats and vids, bottome line we need turnovers, and berry is better in that category. case closed!
Berry is the better prospect than Mays. After watching that Florida/Tenn game, Berry can play multiple positions and he was EVERYWHERE.
Id love to have either with our 1st pick next year. Lets face it both guys have insane potential & are both once in 10 year players. If they stay healthy and show repeat performances or better expect them both to go very high. I couldnt care which joined our team personally. Both are just too damn good to complain about.
berry hands down, dude is everywhere and that int he made today was sweet. i'll be pissed if we were to draft mays
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
berry hands down, dude is everywhere and that int he made today was sweet. i'll be pissed if we were to draft mays

i don't want mays either
Berry is a s beast. He was everywhere yesterday. I hope the 9ers can get him with the Carolina pick.

To answer your question between these two I take Berry for his ability to create turnovers, but I'd take a pass-rusher over either of them. With a pass rush our existing players would work for another few years just fine.
Originally posted by ramanz16:
To answer your question between these two I take Berry for his ability to create turnovers, but I'd take a pass-rusher over either of them. With a pass rush our existing players would work for another few years just fine.

looking back at the last game i dont think we need a pass risher in the first round maybe in the second or third but our starter look good as for mays or berry it depends if goldson does good than mays (lewis bbot getting any younger and you cant findd a better SS prospect however if goldson doesnt do good than berry it is
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Berry is a s beast. He was everywhere yesterday. I hope the 9ers can get him with the Carolina pick.

I agree
LOVE taylor mays. The kid can hit. I do think Berry is the overall better saftey and will go before mays in the draft.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

I agree

I could see that being a high pick, but high enough?

Im almost willing to trade up to get this guy ...
Share 49ersWebzone