The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Eric Berry and Greg Hardy!

No QB?

give me Bradford/McCoy with Kindle/Mays

Kindle is awesome, but would need to put on some weight (like Maybin's playing weight this past year, Kindle is around 230ish)....Hardy is already 265 and is a freak of an athlete.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather invest in defense next year and see how Nate Davis develops...he has a much bigger arm than either of those two and that's ideal for a vertical passing system like ours. He's really good at play-faking, is extremely accurate with the underneath routes and has the big arm to stretch the field when needed. Not saying he's a better overall QB than Bradford or McCoy, but he could be really good for our system...sort of a Drew Brees-type (we're talking potential, of course).

not that i don't believe you. but draftscout has him at 254

I personally don't like waiting and hopind for a project type QB when we are ready have you talent in place else where. We've already wasted Gore. Atleast we will have by the time we are ready to compete. Don't want to do the same with Crabs, Willis and company if Davis doesn't pan out.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a 1st round QB next year, I just think we might've found a gem in Davis. But yah, if you can get a blue-chip QB with one of those 1st rounders, you sort of have to make that pick....I totally get that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I could see both draft picks being in the mid teens.... but either way if next years draft class is as good as people say it could be... two first round picks will look pretty good.

and while i wouldnt mind drafting Tim Tebow and i don't think the 49ers would shy away from another spread-option quarterback if they think he can be a good QB... Tebow is the type of prospect that once the off season work outs come around will get hyped into a top 10 pick. Some bad team will fall in love with him at QB or want to be that team to make him work at QB and take him high.
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM ]
People keep stating we "got over" by getting an extra 1st. for next year, so I posed this assignment:

Who's the top 25 players for next years draft ???
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
People keep stating we "got over" by getting an extra 1st. for next year, so I posed this assignment:

Here ya go!
Too early, lol.

Draftwatchers will have a watch list up in a couple of weeks.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Here ya go!

I'm sorry, but no way should the highest rated player be a Free Safety. In my eyes, free safety is the position where CBs who are too slow are moved to.

Niner
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
Hope we can get Eric Berry, he's gonna be the next Ed Reed if not better.
Unless Alex Smith becomes what he was supposed to or Shaun Hill does something amazing, we have to think and try to go after Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford, with the 2 1st's this is a real possibility and not a huge mortgage, since we can just use the 2 firsts or depending how bad Carolina is next year. We are a franchise QB away from being a great offense again. Bradford and McCoy mos def have the tools to be franchise QB's.
  • volfan2008
  • Info N/A
Berry is a better hitter than Mays. Mays gets all the pub because he's at USC but Berry is a once in a decade talent. He got robbed of the Thorpe Award this year because of the Big 10 bias and he might lose it next year to Mays because of the media again. Anyways, Eric Berry is the best player in college football and if we have a chance at him we must take him. Mays is good but he's like Mike Lewis whereas Berry is like Ed Reed.
if our offense is cool with smith/hill/davis at qb and we dont have to blow a 1st rounder on a qb, id like to try to get terrence cody at NT and one of those top safeties. that would make our defense legit

Berry/Mt cody or Berry/Selvie
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Apr 26, 2009 at 11:49 PM ]
Bradford isn't even on the list.

I'd love to get Mays or Berry but we would probably have to trade both our firsts. Same goes for Bradford or McCoy. Obviously, we dont know where our two picks will be but Hardy and Selvie could be OLBs if we stay put and don't put both picks towards one player (Mays, Berry, Bradford, McCoy). I don't think we will get Kindle, Cody, or any of those OTs without trading up.

R Pos. Rank Player Pos. School Ht. Wt
1 1 Taylor Mays FS Southern California 6-3 230
2 1 Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State 6-5 300
5 1 Colt McCoy QB Texas 6-3 216
7 2 Sergio Kindle OLB Texas 6-4 254
9 2 Terrence Cody DT Alabama 6-5 368
10 2 Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 6-5 309
16 3 Ciron Black OT LSU 6-5 328
17 1 Greg Hardy DE Mississippi 6-4 265
21 2 George Selvie DE South Florida 6-4 252

I hate to say this but I almost want it to be the 2010 draft tomorrow. It will be exciting but I guess we have to see how this season goes. It's soooooooo long to wait.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2009 at 12:10 AM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Sinsation.
it'll be nice to get Terrence Cody. i think with Baji and Brace gone, it was an easy decision to grab a 1st next yr and get our NT then.
  • HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
I don't think Bradford is on the list because he is a going to be a junior next year.
Originally posted by HebrewWall:
I don't think Bradford is on the list because he is a going to be a junior next year.

Yeah but no way he doesn't come out.
Share 49ersWebzone