There are 189 users in the forums

Schefter says theres no chance 49ers even talk to Manning

Watching Mike and Mike this morning. Schefter was on there and Golic who thinks that SF is the perfect spot for Peyton (I agree) was shot down instantly by Schefter saying theres just 0 chance that'd happen

Is this disappointing to anyone else? Clearly Manning's health issue is paramount but you have to look at IF he can play, you want to try and get the guy.

With this injury and all this mess I'm sure he'd get some sort of backloaded, incentive driven contract. It'd cost next to nothing if he cant play or gets re-injured etc because he cant reach the incentives...

I love what Alex has done, I support him as much as possible, But is Harbaugh so enamored with him that he doesn't believe we can find someone better out there??
it sure sounds like manning is out of indy.

from what i understand, the question about manning is whether his arm strength will return. its not like he would risk death playing again.

hopefully the alex deal doesn't get done until after manning is released. then, it should get interesting.

but it would be up to manning to want to play here and probably take less money.
[ Edited by jason330i on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM ]
harbaugh knows we were limited because of the playbook (and WCO usually takes 2-3 years to learn with full offseason) and hancuffed with sub par WRs

therefore he believes alex will put up good to great numbers at nearly half the cost of peyton manning
expectations will be high for alex this coming season.

but if manning wants to play for the 49ers and is healthy, you've got to take him.
Too much money to tie into Peyton, we wouldnt be able to re-sign a lot of our guys.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Even if he's cleared he'd be rusty as hell and have to forget his offense and learn the WC and we'd see half the offense again next year.
I'd rather see Alex at 80% offensive power than Peyton at 40%
peyton is not an idiot. i have full confidence he would be able to pick up the west coast offense.
The Manning family is against any of them playing on the west coast (see 2004 draft). Even if he's 100% and Harbaugh wants him bad it won't happen. So lets just put this debate to rest, shall we?
Originally posted by vermonator:
The Manning family is against any of them playing on the west coast (see 2004 draft). Even if he's 100% and Harbaugh wants him bad it won't happen. So lets just put this debate to rest, shall we?

never!

well, not until we sign alex or peyton signs elsewhere.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Peyton Manning and all his baggage are not an upgrade over Alex Smith.

It isn't 2005 anymore.

• Paul
  • Veteran
Smith comes back next season, no way we mess with what we have been building thus far.
delusional!

a healthy manning >> alex smith

not even close.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Payton should just retire. Learn from Brett Farve's "PROFESSIONAL" mistakes & go out on a high note.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if Manning gets a 100% clean bill of health, I think he'll play again. But I can also see him retiring.
I dont know but people that think he is coming to SF really need to GTF over themselves. I see it through message boards, sites, group pages, and other fans that actually believe he is going to come to SF. Its not going to happen.
Share 49ersWebzone