LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Bad loss. But, b2b on the road after an OT game last night. They ran out of gas. On to the next one.

B2B for OKC as well. No excuse for blowing a huge lead to one of the worst teams in the league.

B2b on the road is different animal than b2b at home. Also - Lakers game went to OT the night before. Not an excuse. Facts are facts. Bad loss nevertheless.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Carmelo Anthony 30 minutes lmao

Vogel doesn't have the balls to cut RW to 25 minutes and Melo to 20 minutes max. Lebron didn't play but it's still a bad look to see Melo getting so many minutes (and airballing the last shot).

This is a Lebron run team, don't get it twisted. He takes care of his boys. Melo should get 15 MAYBE, but that won't happen.

With Lebron and Ariza out - only forwards on the team are AD and Melo.
Bad loss. But, b2b on the road after an OT game last night. They ran out of gas. On to the next one.

B2B for OKC as well. No excuse for blowing a huge lead to one of the worst teams in the league.

B2b on the road is different animal than b2b at home. Also - Lakers game went to OT the night before. Not an excuse. Facts are facts. Bad loss nevertheless.
Back to back is tough no matter where you play. Losing a 26 point lead to perhaps the worst team in the league is a total embarrassment for the Lakers. And it did sound like an excuse

Vogel doesn't have the balls to cut RW to 25 minutes and Melo to 20 minutes max. Lebron didn't play but it's still a bad look to see Melo getting so many minutes (and airballing the last shot).

This is a Lebron run team, don't get it twisted. He takes care of his boys. Melo should get 15 MAYBE, but that won't happen.

Bazemore played SF a lot with the Warriors. Anyway, wing players are interchangeable between the 2 and 3. With all the guards are they not able to play small ball rather than play Melo 31 minute on the back half of a B2B? Sounds like a coaching issue to me
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Back to back is tough no matter where you play. Losing a 26 point lead to perhaps the worst team in the league is a total embarrassment for the Lakers. And it did sound like an excuse

And b2b on the road is tougher. It's relative. It wasn't an excuse. I started my post with "bad loss" - how is it an excuse?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Bazemore played SF a lot with the Warriors. Anyway, wing players are interchangeable between the 2 and 3. With all the guards are they not able to play small ball rather than play Melo 31 minute on the back half of a B2B? Sounds like a coaching issue to me

You need to fill 96 minutes between 2 Forward positions. Baze did play some 3 but is also needed at SG bc Nunn and Ellington were out too. Playing Rondo more minutes isn't a better option than Melo. And if you play AD at PF too many minutes - then you've to play DeAndre Jordan a lot too. So, there are no good options with 5 key guys missing (Lebron, Ariza, THT, Nunn, Ellington).

And b2b on the road is tougher. It's relative. It wasn't an excuse. I started my post with "bad loss" - how is it an excuse?
You didnt even mention that OKC was on a B2B in your original post. Only the Lakers. So yes, it totally sounded like an excuse to me. But whatever
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You didnt even mention that OKC was on a B2B in your original post. Only the Lakers. So yes, it totally sounded like an excuse to me. But whatever

I also didn't mention in my original post that Lakers game went to OT the night before.

And I mentioned that Lakers were on road b2b - which is a lot tougher than home b2b.

Lastly - Lakers have an older roster which was missing it's best player and 2 of their best young players - and OKC had bunch of pups.

Anyways - I think context matters. In the end - it has no meaning - no b2b in playoffs.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 28, 2021 at 7:56 PM ]

I also didn't mention in my original post that Lakers game went to OT the night before.

And I mentioned that Lakers were on road b2b - which is a lot tougher than home b2b.

Lastly - Lakers have an older roster which was missing it's best player and 2 of their best young players - and OKC had bunch of pups.

Anyways - I think context matters. In the end - it has no meaning - no b2b in playoffs.
LOL
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LOL

LOL

• 4ML
  • Veteran

lol crazy
Is Rivers really just gonna step in as our new White Mamba and take right over where Caruso left off? lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Is Rivers really just gonna step in as our new White Mamba and take right over where Caruso left off? lol

Really wished they had kept Caruso. He'd have been ideal fit on this team. Dude is a 1st team all defense. Lakers really messed that up to save some money.
Lebron back in the court tonight. Starting with RW, Baze, AD, and Jordan.
Share 49ersWebzone