LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Speaking of clippers

Originally posted by 4ML:

Idk how many mins he can get on this team - but hope Vogel can find a way to get him on the court.

I think he'll be a small part of rotation. And middle season when inevitably guys have nagging injuries THT will get more run and just get more comfortable...maybe he won't play much in postseason but by next year I think he becomes part of rotation then sky is the limit.

And esp with how little rest some of the older guys got and they sit and how bad we'll be beating some teams he should be getting good minutes. Very exciting part of our future imo.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 8, 2020 at 2:10 PM ]
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Idk how many mins he can get on this team - but hope Vogel can find a way to get him on the court.

I think he'll be a small part of rotation. And middle season when inevitably guys have nagging injuries THT will get more run and just get more comfortable...maybe he won't play much in postseason but by next year I think he becomes part of rotation then sky is the limit.

And esp with how little rest some of the older guys got and they sit and how bad we'll be beating some teams he should be getting good minutes. Very exciting part of our future imo.

Bron shouldn't play until February. Dont @ me
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

As someone who has always dogged guys for sitting out games, I agree. This is very special circumstances. How many days did they get off after being in bubble? A month ? That's absurd
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

As someone who has always dogged guys for sitting out games, I agree. This is very special circumstances. How many days did they get off after being in bubble? A month ? That's absurd

Not play till Feb?!? That's a bit much.

So, this is how Id handle his minutes in first half of the season:

30 mpg
No b2b games
No 4 games in 7 nights
Play fewer minutes at pg
No defense
Minimum amount of practice

2nd half - ramp up for playoffs:
33mpg
No b2b games
No 4 games in 7 nights
Time to play defense
Time to play as many minutes as 2019-2020 at pg
Practice as he did in 2019-2020

Bron should not play more than 60 games this season.

Best way to rest Bron and AD:
Blow teams out in 3Qs and rest them in the 4th.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea - I think it is very exciting to hear good things about THT from coaches and other players and we also got to see a little bit of him against the Rockets. He looked good in those few minutes.

I agree - I think 2021-22 is the season where we see him get decent number of minutes.

Also, think at some point some players will get Covid and thats when we could see players like THT and McKinnie play some minutes. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but id be surprised if every team isn't hit with covid with all the traveling and playing with and against players who are partying during the pandemic.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 8, 2020 at 4:27 PM ]

Not play till Feb?!? That's a bit much.

So, this is how Id handle his minutes in first half of the season:

30 mpg
No b2b games
No 4 games in 7 nights
Play fewer minutes at pg
No defense
Minimum amount of practice

2nd half - ramp up for playoffs:
33mpg
No b2b games
No 4 games in 7 nights
Time to play defense
Time to play as many minutes as 2019-2020 at pg
Practice as he did in 2019-2020

Bron should not play more than 60 games this season.

Best way to rest Bron and AD:
Blow teams out in 3Qs and rest them in the 4th.

I think gore was using hyperbole, that's not realistic. Good plan above

Yea - I think it is very exciting to hear good things about THT from coaches and other players and we also got to see a little bit of him against the Rockets. He looked good in those few minutes.

I agree - I think 2021-22 is the season where we see him get decent number of minutes.

Also, think at some point some players will get Covid and thats when we could see players like THT and McKinnie play some minutes. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but id be surprised if every team isn't hit with covid with all the traveling and playing with and against players who are partying during the pandemic.

Just track everyone who is friends with Harden and Lou will, the guys who cannot stay away from strip clubs lol

But seriously, this year will be insane. Think about when vaccines rollout do you take it during season when you prob will be down physically for a couple days and not know side effects? Or does it wait til after? This upcoming season could make last year seem normal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Just track everyone who is friends with Harden and Lou will, the guys who cannot stay away from strip clubs lol

But seriously, this year will be insane. Think about when vaccines rollout do you take it during season when you prob will be down physically for a couple days and not know side effects? Or does it wait til after? This upcoming season could make last year seem normal.

I think NBA should just take a week off in the middle of the season and get everyone vaccinated. Wait for the one-off vaccine (J&J).
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 9, 2020 at 12:29 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

LET'S GO LAKERS - GET NO. 18!!!
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 9, 2020 at 12:38 AM ]

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Don't be like the clippers now fellas

What, in god's f**king name, is there anything that has to do with the Lakers like the clippers? lol

Don't be like the clippers now fellas

Lol in what way

We had a great off season and added great players to compliment LBJ/AD, on paper we should repeat and take the chip. "ON PAPER" like how last year the clippers were going to win it all "ON PAPER" thats what I meant fellas, you can disagree with me though lol doesnt matter. Gotta still play out the season.

Lmao not sure where to start I am just going to act like this is a bot

Last season 29 teams had all men on their roster and failed to win the championship. This season the Lakers will have all men on their roster. I hope they don't fall into the same trap as those 29 teams and fail to win the title because they have all men on their roster.

Pau has made it public that he wants to return to the Lakers. No word out of the Lakers organization about mutual interest, as of yet.
Pau has made it public that he wants to return to the Lakers. No word out of the Lakers organization about mutual interest, as of yet.

I hope he does. Would be cool for Marc and Pau to play together on the Lakers

I hope he does. Would be cool for Marc and Pau to play together on the Lakers

I'd love to see it, but I have doubts that Pau can stay healthy enough for a full season and through the playoffs. Maybe a late add at the end of the season could work.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
1st Preseason game tonight!!!!!!

No Bron and AD - makes sense.

Players I Want to see from tonight:

1. THT - Excited about him and want to see continued growth - may not get a whole lot of minutes this season - so this is his opportunity to make it tough for Vogel to not give him minues

2. Kuz - Really want to see Kuz become a consistent contributor this year. Vogel has talked about playing Kuz more at 2 and 3 instead of 3 and 4. So, that should open up some minutes for him. He really needs to take advantage of this.

3. Montrez - Fit and I know it's preseason - but Trezz plays all out. Slap them fools.

4. Dennis Schroder - Earn your starting spot.

Personally - I think Schroder, Trezz, KCP and Kuz should come from the bench and just bend over the opposition while playing with either AD or Lebron.

I want to see Caruso - Matthews - Lebron - AD - Gasol as starters when the regular season starts in 10 days.
Share 49ersWebzone