LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

2020-2021 WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
1st Preseason game tonight!!!!!!

No Bron and AD - makes sense.

Players I Want to see from tonight:

1. THT - Excited about him and want to see continued growth - may not get a whole lot of minutes this season - so this is his opportunity to make it tough for Vogel to not give him minues

2. Kuz - Really want to see Kuz become a consistent contributor this year. Vogel has talked about playing Kuz more at 2 and 3 instead of 3 and 4. So, that should open up some minutes for him. He really needs to take advantage of this.

3. Montrez - Fit and I know it's preseason - but Trezz plays all out. Slap them fools.

4. Dennis Schroder - Earn your starting spot.

Personally - I think Schroder, Trezz, KCP and Kuz should come from the bench and just bend over the opposition while playing with either AD or Lebron.

I want to see Caruso - Matthews - Lebron - AD - Gasol as starters when the regular season starts in 10 days.

It's going to be tough for me. Schroeder wants a starting role bad, and Caruso will do whatever. I think it will be what we saw last year where even when Dennis starts, Caruso could close. I can even see them playing together minutes. I'd say it's tough to keep Caruso and his defense / b-ball IQ off the court during crunch time, but Dennis is pretty lockdown himself. It's a great problem to have and I think if we stay healthy this could be an all time defensive team.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
It's going to be tough for me. Schroeder wants a starting role bad, and Caruso will do whatever. I think it will be what we saw last year where even when Dennis starts, Caruso could close. I can even see them playing together minutes. I'd say it's tough to keep Caruso and his defense / b-ball IQ off the court during crunch time, but Dennis is pretty lockdown himself. It's a great problem to have and I think if we stay healthy this could be an all time defensive team.

I was kind of annoyed with Schroder announcing to the media that he wants to start. You're coming to a championship team and you gotta an earn it. I have no problem him wanting to start but why say it to the media in your first interview as a Laker. That's not fair to KCP or Caruso.

I think him and Trezz will be monsters on PnR with Kuzma and KCP in the corners. He should really embrace that role of coming off the bench and just dominating.

Anyway - I completely agree that what matters more is who is closing the games and I am sure Caruso will do that more often.
I think Caruso, KCP, Lebron, and AD are going to part of consistent closing lineup and the 5th guy will be whoever is playing well on both ends. I am really hoping for Kuz to step up big time.

It's ridiculous how much talent is on the roster and I understand everyone will want to contribute but cheering from the bench and not making a fuss is part of contribution. This is one thing I really liked about McGee and Howard last season in the playoffs when they will rack up DNP but didn't b***h about it. Hopefully, the new guys (not talking about Gasol and Wes) will understand how important that is.
Get ready to hear this a lot this year:

Kawhi coming for revenge. The King of LA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

Let the Chips fall where they may
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Soooo f**king excited about THT.

Lakers scouting department is f**king nuts.
Julius Randle
DLo
Larry Nance
BI
Lonzo
Josh Hart
Thomas Bryant
Wagner
Zubac
Kuzma
Caruso
THT

If other teams spotted talent this well - their fans wouldn't be b***hing about big time free agents not coming to their teams.
[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 11, 2020 at 11:19 PM ]

Soooo f**king excited about THT.

Lakers scouting department is f**king nuts.
Julius Randle
DLo
Larry Nance
BI
Lonzo
Josh Hart
Thomas Bryant
Wagner
Zubac
Kuzma
Caruso
THT

If other teams spotted talent this well - their fans wouldn't be b***hing about big time free agents not coming to their teams.

Yea well, thank god on of Jerry's kids has some
B-ball knowledge. Jesse is insanely talented. He never gets talked about but he has had a huge role
in making us champions again.

Hopefully he gets out of the 2nd round so we can put him in his place
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I've said it for a while now, i really liked that pick. When you're drafting that late, you need to take a chance on athletes like him. You dont find that many guards with the wingspan of a C.

His biggest thing is developing his 3 point shot. If he does that, he can be a starter in this league.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Dec 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

I've said it for a while now, i really liked that pick. When you're drafting that late, you need to take a chance on athletes like him. You dont find that many guards with the wingspan of a C.

His biggest thing is developing his 3 point shot. If he does that, he can be a starter in this league.

For sure. Definitely think Lakers scouting dept is on a level by itself. He's such a freak...and biggest thing is - already plays the game like a vet. For him - it's all about getting consistent and that'll come with more playing time.

Getting players like THT and Caruso for basically nothing is how to extend championship windows. They will be on very small contracts and Lakers had room to stay busy in FA.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
No Bron and No AD again.

All Good.

THT time!
Share 49ersWebzone