LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

2018-19 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I just dont see Kawhi as a Laker type. Clippers have a better chance. And he just won the championship as the go to guy, in his mind right now, he probably believes that he can win it anywhere.

I won't buy Kawhi to Clippers till it actually happens. I just don't know why a top FA will want to play on Clippers. They're an after-thought. But Kawhi is a weird dude so it's possible.
Clippers have a good young team and one of the wealthiest and most energized owners. They are also in la.
Originally posted by jcs:
I just dont see Kawhi as a Laker type. Clippers have a better chance. And he just won the championship as the go to guy, in his mind right now, he probably believes that he can win it anywhere.

I won't buy Kawhi to Clippers till it actually happens. I just don't know why a top FA will want to play on Clippers. They're an after-thought. But Kawhi is a weird dude so it's possible.
Clippers have a good young team and one of the wealthiest and most energized owners. They are also in la.

You get past the 2nd round with the clippers and you are a hero 🤷🏻‍♂️
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Man how dumb you gotta be to believe some dude on reddit knows anything about nba trade details. Lol

Yeah a random unverified guy on Reddit. Wow. I haven't heard anything mainstream like that. If it's real it gets leaked and ESPN and others will have the story the same day or the next day at worst. A random Reddit poster is not in any way reliable.

He wont be the first or last person who works for a team, or has close associations, that uses some type of social media to put this type info out there. The 76ers former gm and wife were doing this. A couple years ago it was found out that the kid of some baseball gm was the one giving away team info. So it could be real.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

How does having the wealthiest and most energized owner matters? Teams can spend limited amount of money and Lakers will spend with the best of them. Ppl don't care about Clippers. Which jersey will sell more? Kawhi's Clippers jersey or Kawhi's Lakers one? Who is gonna buy more Kawhi's new balance shoes? A few hundred thousand clippers fans or like 50m lakers fans?

Honestly, I don't know what Kawhi will do - but at least to me - it'd be weird for any top FA to pick clippers over lakers when both have max slot available and is wanted badly by lakers. When was the last time a good FA signed with Clippers?!? Oh I remember - they had to lock the doors and imprison their own FA to re-sign him. They had the wealthiest and most energetic owner then too. And they were in LA then too.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 15, 2019 at 12:02 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Pels need to decide soon. I don't know what the f**kers are waiting for. You're asking for f**k all and then expect someone to pull a Toronto. You have to lower your demands...no one is going to trade a farm and then think that they can win the chip.

Toronto won a title because they traded poor man's Kawhi to Spurs - who idiotically took it...and kept most of their team intact.

If I was Pels - I'd blow it up and rebuild around Zion and no. 4 pick. Trade Jrue too for pick and a young player.
We got AD. Ball, ingram, hart, and 3 first round picks. Dont like it
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jun 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

f**k all those dudes they ain't s**t. We got a legit all star. With the Warriors crumbling like soft b***hes the west is there for the taking.

f**k all those dudes they ain't s**t. We got a legit all star. With the Warriors crumbling like soft b***hes the west is there for the taking.

Wow. Youll have 2 dudes, Kuzma, and a bunch of ballboys.

Lol Lakers

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Lol Lakers

Not every team needs 5 all stars to win it.

Lol Lakers

Lakers mystique died when yall kick Magic to the curb.

He will have the last laugh
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Lol Lakers

Lakers mystique died when yall kick Magic to the curb.

He will have the last laugh

Magic got too much going on to be running a nba team.
So where are the people who said we would have to give up more this offseason? Feb it was, Ingram, Ball, Kuz, Hart, and another young player, and multiple first round picks. We kept Kuz, this deal wasnt better.

But Pels got a lot. Good trade hopefully for both teams.

Btw,
Never rooted for a 2nd team in any sport, but Pels became my side b***h now.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Jun 15, 2019 at 3:57 PM ]
My thoughts are I feel they gave up more than I would have liked, but in this modern game of superstars, you have to get them to the team somehow. It will be interesting to ehat this does to attract free agents. Hopefully some ring chasers take less to jump on board. It certainly just got interesting.
Share 49ersWebzone