Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 4ML:

Kawhi
Kyrie
Kemba

In that order. Get one.

AD isn't waiving a free $4.5M. lol.

I wouldn't be shocked. There are a lot of different ways he can make that money back especially now that hes in LA and with Bron. New shoe deal, movie roles, theres ways.

Ya that's not happening

Imagine how bad it'd look for Klutch sports to convince their own client to not take a free $5 mill so they could build a better team around Lebron before he retires lolwut

Supposedly he made a statement in February that he would be willing to wave it. Not sure if that still is how he feels.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

Kawhi
Kyrie
Kemba

In that order. Get one.

AD isn't waiving a free $4.5M. lol.

Yea...I'm not too worried about this stuff. Rich Paul and AD forced their way to the Lakers to win chips. If Lakers have an agreement with a max player - they're not going to f**k that up over $4.5M. They don't get anything by saying right now that they'll waive the trade kicker. But, if they do it on July 6th if a max FA is coming aboard - they can just do it then.

Also, I'm not too worried about when the trade needs to happen. Lakers can simply trade Wagner and Bonga and release non-guaranteed minimum contract of Jones to create the max room - and then re-sign him to minimum contract anyway.

If Lakers land that 3rd max guy - they'll get plenty of shooters willing to play at minimum and 4.5M exception.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Also, let's say Lakers don't land that 3rd max...it's not that big of a deal.

They could use that money to add 3-4 guys among:
Pat Beverley
Collison
Wesley Matthews
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Rubio
Morris brothers
Lopez brothers

With AD and Lebron and shooters who can play D - Lakers will be big time contenders.
Wouldn't be mad if they don't sign a max player and end up with solid starters and role players instead.

Give me Pat Beverely and JJ Reddick to even out the starting lineup and I'll be happy There'd still be plenty of veterans willing to sign on for a chance at ring without a 3rd max player. One of the Morris twins, Seth Curry, Noah, Ariza, Aminu, there's a lot of good fits out there that aren't max players. Not the end of the world if they don't land another one.

Pat Beverley
Collison
Wesley Matthews
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Rubio
Morris brothers
Lopez brothers

With AD and Lebron and shooters who can play D - Lakers will be big time contenders.

Lol I made a very similar post at the same time as you without seeing this. I definitely agree.
Originally posted by InconvenientTruth21:
Wouldn't be mad if they don't sign a max player and end up with solid starters and role players instead.

Give me Pat Beverely and JJ Reddick to even out the starting lineup and I'll be happy There'd still be plenty of veterans willing to sign on for a chance at ring without a 3rd max player. One of the Morris twins, Seth Curry, Noah, Ariza, Aminu, there's a lot of good fits out there that aren't max players. Not the end of the world if they don't land another one.

Agreed. And it's not like I don't want a 3rd max star player, but they might be better off not getting one and spreading it around to fill out the roster. I seriously don't even know how they're going to fill the roster out if they land a 3rd max. There's only 5 guys on the squad right now. lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Pat Beverley
Collison
Wesley Matthews
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Rubio
Morris brothers
Lopez brothers

Lol I made a very similar post at the same time as you without seeing this. I definitely agree.

You can also switch hate with complain on the last line. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Agreed. And it's not like I don't want a 3rd max star player, but they might be better off not getting one and spreading it around to fill out the roster. I seriously don't even know how they're going to fill the roster out if they land a 3rd max. There's only 5 guys on the squad right now. lol

Agree

Share 49erswebzone