Buy 49ers at Rams NFC Championship tickets →

There are 103 users in the forums

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
In Orlando I want Michael Porter Jr

I think they'll end up w/ Trae Young though

Honestly I see MPJ as another michael beasley. And trae Young is gonna be very average.

IMO the best player in this draft is Bagley.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by jrg:
In Orlando I want Michael Porter Jr

I think they'll end up w/ Trae Young though

Honestly I see MPJ as another michael beasley. And trae Young is gonna be very average.

Young will be one of those guys who will get the stats and seem good but it all comes at the expense of the rest of the team.

He should be a 20 point scorer during his peak with his shooting and driving. And he's a good passer so assists will come. It will come in a Stephon Marbury way though.
Towns for the #1 pick rumors
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

What about #2?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

That would be incredibly stupid by Minny.

Towns is everything you hope a draft pick will be.

False.

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Bagley ir Ayton. I want to see improved passing from both players
Originally posted by DaBum:
That would be incredibly stupid by Minny.

Towns is everything you hope a draft pick will be.

Except for the desire to not be awful on defense.

If Thibs couldn't get KAT to not be a turnstile on defense, not sure what chance most other coaches have.

Still think it'd be stupid for Minnesota to trade him. He is a cornerstone player for them already.
Doncic gets the EuroLeague MVP.

The youngest player ever to march his team to a Final Four is now the youngest to become the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague MVP, as well. Luka Doncic, who turned 19 on the last day of February, was voted by the fans and media as the 2017-18 season's best player after leading Real Madrid through a minefield of injuries all the way to Sunday's championship game against Fenerbahce Dogus Istanbul.
  • Jiks
Towns is great but he's disgruntled, lacks defense, and seems like he let's his emotions get the best of him on the court. I'd take that #1 pick in heartbeat if "rumors" are true.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Towns is great but he's disgruntled, lacks defense, and seems like he let's his emotions get the best of him on the court. I'd take that #1 pick in heartbeat if "rumors" are true.

That happens when Tibs is your HC.

Doncic fouled out late in EuroLeague Championship. Real Madrid ended up winning anyways.
Great breakdown of the various prospects from The Ringer.

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The more I watch Luka and read about him, the more I like him. He's a 6'8 guy who can shoot and create shot for others. Closest NBA comparison I see is Hayward, neither are the most athletic guys, but both can create for themselves and their teammates.

Bamba can also be a special player, he can turn into Gobert with a 3 point shot.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on May 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The more I watch Luka and read about him, the more I like him. He's a 6'8 guy who can shoot and create shot for others. Closest NBA comparison I see is Hayward, neither are the most athletic guys, but both can create for themselves and their teammates.

Bamba can also be a special player, he can turn into Gobert with a 3 point shot.

Yeah....also really like his BB IQ. I'd be very pleased with him to the Kings
Bamba one part intrigues me and one part scares the hell out of me lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 20, 2018 at 2:52 PM ]
Minnesota, you don't trade KAT. Fire Thibs. What a joke to even have that rumor out there

My dude Bagley not getting talked about enough. Best player in the draft
Share 49ersWebzone