There are 230 users in the forums

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
nba drafts are usually never as fun as nfl drafts, but last years draft class was phenomenal. This class looks like it will have only a handful of solid players.

IIRC, last year's draft wasn't supposed to be anything special at all. And really as far as top picks go, it wasn't (fultz,ball). So, judging by last years draft (tatum going 3, mitchell going 9 etc etc), who knows how good this draft can be.

Mitchell was 13th.

Was thinking dennis smith. Even better!
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
nba drafts are usually never as fun as nfl drafts, but last years draft class was phenomenal. This class looks like it will have only a handful of solid players.

IIRC, last year's draft wasn't supposed to be anything special at all. And really as far as top picks go, it wasn't (fultz,ball). So, judging by last years draft (tatum going 3, mitchell going 9 etc etc), who knows how good this draft can be.

Mitchell was 13th.

Was thinking dennis smith. Even better!

Ayton said he is only working out for the Suns and knows he is going #1.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

My body is ready.

Bagley is that dude
Originally posted by sacniner:
Bagley is that dude

After Ayton and Doncic yes. Then again Bamba talks like he is a 10 year NBA veteran.

Polished and impressive as hell when you hear him speak.

Hawks gonna get a good one no matter which they take.
After Ayton and Doncic yes. Then again Bamba talks like he is a 10 year NBA veteran. Polished and impressive as hell when you hear him speak. Hawks gonna get a good one no matter which they take.

I fear my Sacramento Kangz will not develop Doncic. I would prefer Bagley, but I'm a crazy guy who thinks he'll be the best player in the draft. Dude is so so so damn good.
I fear my Sacramento Kangz will not develop Doncic. I would prefer Bagley, but I'm a crazy guy who thinks he'll be the best player in the draft. Dude is so so so damn good.

Not like they could go wrong with Bagley either. So much good talent early on in this draft that I can see any one of 5 or 6 guys being the top player overall and that doesn't include the possibility of a Donovan Mitchell popping up from out of the woodwork.

Something about Bamba that makes me think he'll be a beast. Maybe not a superstar but a defensive nightmare who will develop into a reliable scorer, an upgraded version of Capela in Houston.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bagley is that dude

After Ayton and Doncic yes. Then again Bamba talks like he is a 10 year NBA veteran.

Polished and impressive as hell when you hear him speak.

Hawks gonna get a good one no matter which they take.

I've really started to like Bamba. He reminds me of a better...taller...version of Capela - which is scary. Plus, he can shoot a little.

But, he can't be effective if you don't have elite guards with ridiculous passing skills like Harden and CP3. At least not at this stage...he is very raw offensively.

IMO...my top 5 in the draft as of right now:
Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Bamba
Jaren Jackson

I think all 5 are really good players...and if Porter's health checks out...he's as good as any of them.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Not like they could go wrong with Bagley either. So much good talent early on in this draft that I can see any one of 5 or 6 guys being the top player overall and that doesn't include the possibility of a Donovan Mitchell popping up from out of the woodwork.

Something about Bamba that makes me think he'll be a beast. Maybe not a superstar but a defensive nightmare who will develop into a reliable scorer, an upgraded version of Capela in Houston.

lol yup...exactly how I see him.
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol yup...exactly how I see him.

I love smart, high IQ players. Bamba just gives you great awareness defensively and just an overall bright guy on and off the court. If he puts it all together he could be really scary. At minimum I think he will give a team a guy that can clean up others mistakes on the defensive end and simply own the lane.
Wrong thread
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Jun 6, 2018 at 8:32 PM ]

Kings fan here. Should I be excited to land Doncic ?
Share 49ersWebzone