There are 97 users in the forums

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by Knowledge:
What a brutal move though. Got the city in an uproar. I live 25 mins from Philly. People are not happy. Mikal is already a Philadelphian in most of these peoples minds. Most of them are Villanova fans. He grew up in the area. Mom works for the 76ers. It was the perfect story book ending. People would have called the radio stations with excitement. There are literally some fans calling for him to be fired now. I was shocked they traded Mikal but not who they traded him for. Sixers brought Zhaire in for 2 workouts. Some fans will now have a very short leash with Zhaire because of the situation which is unfortunate because Zhaire is 3 years younger than Mikal. Brett Brown said in his presser that theyre "STAR HUNTING". He was referring to having more assets to acquire a "STAR". That also tells me that although Mikal is a nice player and can contribute to the team but he sees Zhaire having a batter chance at star potential. Mikal would have been a nice complementary piece. Zhaire has a chance to be a main piece.

The Suns GM was on the radio here and said that everyone in the organization coveted Bridges badly. That they wanted to bring in a mature wing that was ready to play Day 1 and if not Bridges then they would have drafted "one of his teammates." AKA....DDV.

Trading away that 2021 pick hurts but its clear that the organization feels that they need to start making progress on the court right now. The tanking is done, they need to make visible progress and start putting things together for a future run.

Booker
Jackson
Ayton
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Warren
Knight

They won't be a playoff team but they have an actual core now and a team that easily should win at least 30-35 games next season.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Philly fans got to be pissed.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
What a brutal move though. Got the city in an uproar. I live 25 mins from Philly. People are not happy. Mikal is already a Philadelphian in most of these peoples minds. Most of them are Villanova fans. He grew up in the area. Mom works for the 76ers. It was the perfect story book ending. People would have called the radio stations with excitement. There are literally some fans calling for him to be fired now. I was shocked they traded Mikal but not who they traded him for. Sixers brought Zhaire in for 2 workouts. Some fans will now have a very short leash with Zhaire because of the situation which is unfortunate because Zhaire is 3 years younger than Mikal. Brett Brown said in his presser that theyre "STAR HUNTING". He was referring to having more assets to acquire a "STAR". That also tells me that although Mikal is a nice player and can contribute to the team but he sees Zhaire having a batter chance at star potential. Mikal would have been a nice complementary piece. Zhaire has a chance to be a main piece.

I love Mikal Bridges but this was a great move by Sixers.

What if Sixers trade for Kawhi with that Unprotected Miami pick before FA starts? Sixers can offer Fultz, Bayless, and unprotected Miami pick. That can get it done.

And, I read Brett Brown had great relationship with Kawhi and Spurs organization while he was there. He is one of the ppl who worked Kawhi day in and day out. Maybe he can convince Kawhi to stay and get Spurs to trade him over.

And if this move is done before FA starts - it'll definitely get Lebron's attention.

Should be a wild first 10 days of July and Sixers did hell of a job by acquiring that pick. That's a huge asset.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Suns GM was on the radio here and said that everyone in the organization coveted Bridges badly. That they wanted to bring in a mature wing that was ready to play Day 1 and if not Bridges then they would have drafted "one of his teammates." AKA....DDV.

Trading away that 2021 pick hurts but its clear that the organization feels that they need to start making progress on the court right now. The tanking is done, they need to make visible progress and start putting things together for a future run.

Booker
Jackson
Ayton
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Warren
Knight

They won't be a playoff team but they have an actual core now and a team that easily should win at least 30-35 games next season.

It was the right move for Suns but Sixers got great value here and will be trying really hard to acquire Kawhi or another star via trade.

Plus, I really like Zhaire Smith. He'll need a year or two but has higher ceiling.
Share 49ersWebzone