LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Draft season for all but four fanbases.

This stuff pisses me off, especially when its a foreign guy.

If you don't wanna respect our system, then stay across the border and lose out on millions of dollars and play against a bunch of 17 inch vert castoffs from all over the world. Sick of that sh*t
[ Edited by DynastyChile on May 17, 2018 at 12:20 PM ]
I like Bagley more than anyone else in the draft class.
Doncic has a lot of bust potential .
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Lacking relative athleticism. May just be a Kukoc. While the server Toni was solid, this kid is being hyped up A LOT
Originally posted by sacniner:
I like Bagley more than anyone else in the draft class.

he's probably got the highest upside, at least out of the lottery pick players i know about. he's a 6'11, very athletic, and potential to be a stretch 4 as well.

People say that about every Euro player. That is how the 76ers wound up with Okafor instead of Three Six Latvia.
Hope my Wolves draft might boy Svi
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

People say that about every Euro player. That is how the 76ers wound up with Okafor instead of Three Six Latvia.

I never thought Porzingis would have trouble creating a shot or that he would be a liability on defense in the NBA

This guy is another story
[ Edited by blizzuntz on May 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM ]
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
This stuff pisses me off, especially when its a foreign guy.

If you don't wanna respect our system, then stay across the border and lose out on millions of dollars and play against a bunch of 17 inch vert castoffs from all over the world. Sick of that sh*t

Cause Americans don't do this?

I never thought Porzingis would have trouble creating a shot or that he would be a liability on defense in the NBA

I don't see Doncic having trouble creating a shot. He's been able to score against pretty much anyone including Porzingis when Slovenia played Latvia. He isn't a small guy and has shown the ability to attack whatever a defense is giving him.

His offensive game is pretty comprehensive. His defense is certainly a concern due to questions about athleticism but mentally I think he is well ahead of any other player in this draft.

He had been playing professionally since 16 and has logged a ton of meaningful minutes playing professionally and internationally yet he is only 19. This isn't a guy who was his team's 7th or 8th man who flashed playing 11 minutes a game. At 18 he was the star of his team.

He and Dragic steamrolled teams at Eurobasket last year, playing very well off each other. During that tournament Doncic showed that he can contribute as a primary ball handler and pick defenses apart as a passer and also the ability to light it up playing off ball.

In Europe they basically look at this guy like LeBron James was looked at prior to entering the draft. He is an absolute phenom and doing things at his age that no other European player has done.

I don't know that Doncic will be a great player but I can't see him being a bust. This isn't a Bargnani or some other guy with a limited resume, he has a lengthy track record of top notch performances. I think how successful he becomes depends largely on where he winds up. Not that it will happen but if this dude went to San Antonio, Utah or Boston he could become an absolute nightmare.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't see Doncic having trouble creating a shot. He's been able to score against pretty much anyone including Porzingis when Slovenia played Latvia. He isn't a small guy and has shown the ability to attack whatever a defense is giving him.

His offensive game is pretty comprehensive. His defense is certainly a concern due to questions about athleticism but mentally I think he is well ahead of any other player in this draft.

He had been playing professionally since 16 and has logged a ton of meaningful minutes playing professionally and internationally yet he is only 19. This isn't a guy who was his team's 7th or 8th man who flashed playing 11 minutes a game. At 18 he was the star of his team.

He and Dragic steamrolled teams at Eurobasket last year, playing very well off each other. During that tournament Doncic showed that he can contribute as a primary ball handler and pick defenses apart as a passer and also the ability to light it up playing off ball.

In Europe they basically look at this guy like LeBron James was looked at prior to entering the draft. He is an absolute phenom and doing things at his age that no other European player has done.

I don't know that Doncic will be a great player but I can't see him being a bust. This isn't a Bargnani or some other guy with a limited resume, he has a lengthy track record of top notch performances. I think how successful he becomes depends largely on where he winds up. Not that it will happen but if this dude went to San Antonio, Utah or Boston he could become an absolute nightmare.

He reminds me of Jewish Jordan

Jaren Jackson Jr...
6'9.75 without shoes... So legit 6'11 and still 18 years old.
7'5.25 wingspan

• jrg
  • Veteran
In Orlando I want Michael Porter Jr

I think they'll end up w/ Trae Young though
Share 49ersWebzone