2018 Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What are you most looking forward to?

For me:

• Team USA Hockey.
  • Skiing.
  • Linsday.

There's gotta be other hot ski/snowboard chicks competing. you can't limit it to just this.

This "prettiest" girls on the US snowboard team are all 17. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Hockey is a big time dissapointment. No NHLers. And this would have been the most talented US team ever

So I heard the NHL players weren't gonna play, but what's the reasoning behind this?

In the past, Olympics paid for nhl players insurance. So if an nhl player is hurt, insurance pays his salary and not nhl owner. Olympics decided to stop paying for insurance so nhl owners asked Nhlpa to pay for it, but they refused.

TLDR: owners don't want to pay salaries for players hurt in olympics. The players don't want to play if they get hurt and lose their pay. Olympics doesn't give a s**t
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 6, 2018 at 10:34 PM ]
I'm ok that the NHLers aren't playing. Want to see the youngsters play.
Half these cats gonna catch the flu

It's wrap city
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

NHLers are signed at 17-21 years old. You're going to see the youngsters not good enough to be signed by the NHL.

Unless AHL guys are allowed but I haven't seen that they are.
cross country skiing with guns
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
i want to see the snowboarding and freestyle skiing events, but that's about it.

i used to be all about the figure skating but the judging is so f**ked that i can't watch it anymore
Originally posted by DaBum:

NHLers are signed at 17-21 years old. You're going to see the youngsters not good enough to be signed by the NHL.

That is not exactly correct.

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/show/3858372-2018-olympic-winter-games-u-s-men-s-roster

There are some former NHL players, some college, and some playing in various other leagues. I expect that several of the players will hit th NHL some day.
Originally posted by DaBum:

Canadian roster has a bunch of former nhl players who play professionally in European leagues, some ahl players too
And so it begins...

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
figure skating and free style skiing so far tonight. love the moguls and jumps by the skiiers
Wtf is this? Where are the bloodsports?
Originally posted by luv49rs:
figure skating and free style skiing so far tonight. love the moguls and jumps by the skiiers

I remember when the moguls was the coolest sking/snow event. Now all the Xgames type events dwarf that event.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by luv49rs:

I remember when the moguls was the coolest sking/snow event. Now all the Xgames type events dwarf that event.

i feel like the olympics are trying to expand more into x-games type of events. they're getting there, slowly
This was funny. These impersonators showed up at the opening ceremonies, and were subsequently kicked out. Pretty clever though.

Share 49ersWebzone