Buy 49ers at Rams NFC Championship tickets →

There are 88 users in the forums

2018 Winter Olympics Thread

What are you most looking forward to?

For me:

  • Team USA Hockey.
  • Skiing.
  • Linsday.

  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,166
She lost me when see got with Tiger. Her loss
[ Edited by DaBum on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:33 PM ]
I'm ready!! Love the olympics. Too bad we have to watch on NBC's scheduled programming, which is horrific and ridiculous. But I am ready to root for my regional neighbors I know nothing about in sports that don't matter to me except every 3 years, 11 months, and 2 weeks.


Btw, didn't Lindsay blow her knee out and is missing the olympics?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm ready!! Love the olympics. Too bad we have to watch on NBC's scheduled programming, which is horrific and ridiculous. But I am ready to root for my regional neighbors I know nothing about in sports that don't matter to me except every 3 years, 11 months, and 2 weeks.

Btw, didn't Lindsay blow her knee out and is missing the olympics?

It's all pretty cool except the figure skating, to me.

And don't jinx my girl. She's a bad ass - https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/05/sport/lindsey-vonn-skiing-world-cup-wins-olympics/index.html
Like this kid's attitude -

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22265441/snowboard-phenom-chloe-kim-lot-riding-winter-olympics?addata=espn:frontpage

And Mikaela Shiffrin is incredible.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Like this kid's attitude -

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/22265441/snowboard-phenom-chloe-kim-lot-riding-winter-olympics?addata=espn:frontpage

And Mikaela Shiffrin is incredible.

Real sports did a story on a couple of USA snowboarders. Basically all they received from the USOC was $1,500 and health insurance. One guy had to rack up over $70K in credit debt to pay for all the necessary travel and expenses to qualify.
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

I'M F WORD READY DUDE.................WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was being super sarcastic but I really do want to see the hockey part. All eyes on Kim Jong Ils' crazy ass.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What are you most looking forward to?

For me:

  • Team USA Hockey.
  • Skiing.
  • Linsday.


Um hi
I am looking forward to the speed skating. Never get to see it but every 4 years. I basically like any Olympic sport where the outcome is not decided by judges though.

Hockey is a big time dissapointment. No NHLers. And this would have been the most talented US team ever
bobsled n luge ftw and all that other crazyness they do
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Hockey is a big time dissapointment. No NHLers. And this would have been the most talented US team ever

So I heard the NHL players weren't gonna play, but what's the reasoning behind this?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What are you most looking forward to?

For me:

  • Team USA Hockey.
  • Skiing.
  • Linsday.


There's gotta be other hot ski/snowboard chicks competing. you can't limit it to just this.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,166
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So I heard the NHL players weren't gonna play, but what's the reasoning behind this?

Short answer is money. They would have to take a 17 day break right when the NFL has ended but baseball hasn't started. It's a prime time for them to gain viewers and sell tickets.

It's murky though. Playing in the Olympics gets them a lot of pub and creates fans of specific players. Viewership in NHL tends to see a boost right after the Olympics.

The above is the main reason the NHL cited. I honestly think it's mostly because owners fear their assets getting hurt playing for another team.
Share 49ersWebzone