LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne dumped from Fiji 7s Olympic Team. Will the 49ers want him back no he is free?

Jarryd Hayne dumped from Fiji 7s Olympic Team. Will the 49ers want him back no he is free?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
good, now he can come back and lead us to championships.
Is American Foozeball basically the same game as "Fetch the frisbee with a puppy"

The QB throws it down the field and than all the dudes gotta run down and catch it in there mouths or something.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i thought he was the greatest rugby player of all time, how did he get left off the team lol

Guess, he had us all fooled.

Not all of us.

Nah, he definitely isn't the GOAT, just been MVP a couple times in the NRL, and the Rugby 7's he attempted to go to Rio for is quite different from the Rugby League he played before going to the Niners.

My comment was more aimed at his NFL experience, but it may not have come across that way. I know he is a star, but not a superstar in his sport. I also know he would have not been an automatic for the Olympics. I actually read the comments posted about the differing leagues and understand a little about the game down there. Personally I was hoping he worked out here as a punt returner, because it would make a good story. But I was skeptical. Wish the man nothing but good fortune.

Ah don't worry, I'm don't take any offence or want to defend Hayne, I reckon he should've stayed the course in the NFL, even if he thought he'd be cut, but it's his life. More just offering a little clarification. It can be a bit muddy as there's two different forms of Rugby (Union and League) and then you've also got the Rugby 7's (Union based).
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jul 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i thought he was the greatest rugby player of all time, how did he get left off the team lol

Guess, he had us all fooled.

Not all of us.

Nah, he definitely isn't the GOAT, just been MVP a couple times in the NRL, and the Rugby 7's he attempted to go to Rio for is quite different from the Rugby League he played before going to the Niners.

My comment was more aimed at his NFL experience, but it may not have come across that way. I know he is a star, but not a superstar in his sport. I also know he would have not been an automatic for the Olympics. I actually read the comments posted about the differing leagues and understand a little about the game down there. Personally I was hoping he worked out here as a punt returner, because it would make a good story. But I was skeptical. Wish the man nothing but good fortune.

Ah don't worry, I'm don't take any offence or want to defend Hayne, I reckon he should've stayed the course in the NFL, even if he thought he'd be cut, but it's his life. More just offering a little clarification. It can be a bit muddy as there's two different forms of Rugby (Union and League) and then you've also got the Rugby 7's (Union based).

• lazy
  • Veteran
No thanks. I hope he takes his talents elsewhere.
And the usual suspects have trashed another thread, lol. Even though this thread doesn't belong in NT but rather the parking lot... Hayne isn't a 9er or even in the NFL.

Does holding his rights count? Like Davis.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
good, now he can come back and lead us to championships.

No. I think the Tigers baseball team could do better than Hayne.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
I thought from the start Rugby 7's was never going to work. It's hard to think of a football style sport less well suited to the NFL style of athlete - maybe AFL perhaps.

I played a little bit of 7's. It's exhausting. Fitness is absolute king but you can't neglect speed or power as the slightest mistake means the other team scores. If you took the most freakish athletes in the NFL - maybe one of the best safeties, they'd still struggle without dropping a ton of weight and beefing up their cardio. Hayne had no chance.
He is a super star, even Bogut said he is James and Koby there, he is a national figure there

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
looser

Loose like a long neck goose.
I find it truly amazing that Hayne is making more headlines in the NFL and 49ers media.

Just goes to show that it was more than some of us annoying Aussies that wanted to see this experiment work out.

Such a shame that Hayne and his advisors had no idea what the hell they were doing.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
I find it truly amazing that Hayne is making more headlines in the NFL and 49ers media.

Just goes to show that it was more than some of us annoying Aussies that wanted to see this experiment work out.

Such a shame that Hayne and his advisors had no idea what the hell they were doing.

I would think his adviser would be actually quite unhappy with Hayne's decision to jump from the 49ers for them it would like be having the golden goose and the next thing it just turned into a turd and imagine how hard it is to sell a turd like that?
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
That's kind of you to say. I don't take sus's digs seriously. He's here to entertain himself, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

That said, we don't want to shove the staff down anyone's throat. We want members to be comfortable with the staff. Cozy, even.
We don't expect you to get everything you need from the staff, but the staff should fill in some gaps for you.

How Cozy do you mean?

Are we talking candle lit dinners, walking in the moonlight through the park holding hands?

COZY.
Share 49ersWebzone