LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 81 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

• Dingo
  • Veteran
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hope my dude Barry is taking this news well.

#HAYNEPLANE
Hayne is very very unlikely to make the Fiji sevens team to the olympics. They just have 2 sevens tournaments left in the next 2 weeks before the Olympics. Plus he has never played union before, only league and the rules and play style is totally different.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Fun while it lasted Hayne

Wish the best for him
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Hopefully some of our Aussie brethren stick around.

Why would they after all the s**tty comments made here lol.

If they are true Aussie's they should have thicker skin than that. I will be hanging around giving my informed opinion so you won't read to many posts saying Chip made a bad call with that play and an over use of emoji's but I may stop in to "what drive's me crazy" and post something like,

I would rather hear someone has been cut or told they are not going to make it this year unless circumstances change you will only make the practice squad

but

If Jarryd Hayne has just up and decided to change sports this morning 2 weeks after the draft and FA leaving the team short where Baalke could have drafted or brought in, I would be very disappointed in him.
rugby, i hate rugby could of come back to the nrl atleast.. owell.. i never watched nfl before but i will try to continue to do so , will be harder now have to stream games now wont be on free to air tv anymore
  • Ute66
  • Veteran
Never have a seen such a smug bunch of t**ts. He gave it a go and it was a steep learning curve, you can't deny his talent though. For all of you 49ers fans, I hope you are in for a lifetime of disappointment watching a substandard pile of s**t for a football team, wasting thousands of dollars following your crap team. I hope the Yorks continue to drain your bank accounts and get even richer.
Originally posted by Ute66:
Never have a seen such a smug bunch of t**ts. He gave it a go and it was a steep learning curve, you can't deny his talent though. For all of you 49ers fans, I hope you are in for a lifetime of disappointment watching a substandard pile of s**t for a football team, wasting thousands of dollars following your crap team. I hope the Yorks continue to drain your bank accounts and get even richer.

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
Will eat my own humble pie it seems, but some of the vitrol being spewed forth is way over the top.

Such a grand Way to secure supporters, btw have always been a 49ers supporter just inthe last year shown closer interest.

Saddens me that Hayne Leaving now just puts doubts in the minds of His supporters and haters alike.

WTF, he played for Australia in rugby league and now picks Fiji to represent in rugby at olympics It just feeds the trolls I guess.

One thing that can't be taken away from Hayne is that he made an NFL roster in just a few months never having playerd the game, and started as the RB in a NFL team in his rookie year.

Hayne is a true one percenter

Special mention to NikeSBhead, you are so humble mate, a PM like that to me this morning...just WOW....I thought you were a dick and in that PM you just proved it.

Go Niners, and no I'm not going anywhere, will still be supporting the team......we still have an Aussie in the Squad though right?

Nice outro
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Still the b***hiness continues, he gave it a shot and despite everything succeeded, sure he wasn't a superstar but he played NFL at the highest level. Given the thousands that dedicate their whole lives to trying to make it as far as Hayne did without success every year, for him to achieve what he did in 12months is truly remarkable.
Don't know if he was pushed out the door or walked but either way to have a chance at making the Olympics in 2 months shows how highly people think of him as an athlete. If he succeeds I think will be an even bigger achievement than making a NFL roster.

I truly don't think most North Americans realise what a massive task he has ahead of him just to make the team. With their lack of knowledge on rugby league, rugby union and 7's they would be assuming he is a walk up start when in honesty the learning curve will be just as steep as his transition to NFL and has to be achieved in weeks not months. If he is successful it will be down to pure athletic ability not actually having learnt the game just like his making the 49ers roster was last year. Another thing to keep in mind is Fiji aren't some second string team, a few months out from the Olympics they are leading the world standings, he has to force his way into the best playing roster in the world.

I hope 49ers fans continue to follow his story as it is one hell of a ride.
In 2 years Hayne may well have walked away from a sport as the best player in the world, forced his way onto the playing roster in a sport that takes decade to learn and then have a Olympic gold medal around his neck from a 3rd sport after having played it for only weeks.
Originally posted by 220s:
Still the b***hiness continues, he gave it a shot and despite everything succeeded, sure he wasn't a superstar but he played NFL at the highest level. Given the thousands that dedicate their whole lives to trying to make it as far as Hayne did without success every year, for him to achieve what he did in 12months is truly remarkable.
Don't know if he was pushed out the door or walked but either way to have a chance at making the Olympics in 2 months shows how highly people think of him as an athlete. If he succeeds I think will be an even bigger achievement than making a NFL roster.

I truly don't think most North Americans realise what a massive task he has ahead of him just to make the team. With their lack of knowledge on rugby league, rugby union and 7's they would be assuming he is a walk up start when in honesty the learning curve will be just as steep as his transition to NFL and has to be achieved in weeks not months. If he is successful it will be down to pure athletic ability not actually having learnt the game just like his making the 49ers roster was last year. Another thing to keep in mind is Fiji aren't some second string team, a few months out from the Olympics they are leading the world standings, he has to force his way into the best playing roster in the world.

I hope 49ers fans continue to follow his story as it is one hell of a ride.
In 2 years Hayne may well have walked away from a sport as the best player in the world, forced his way onto the playing roster in a sport that takes decade to learn and then have a Olympic gold medal around his neck from a 3rd sport after having played it for only weeks.

What if he doesn't make the Fijian team though? Make this decision seem pretty stupid.

Best post in the history of all the Hayne threads
I'm a huge Hayne fan, and I'm very disappointed. Very. I was really looking forward to this season of NFL with him playing. He's just finished changing his body to suit NFL and now he has to change it again because he's going to need LOTS of endurance. The Olympics is nice but it's over very quickly. Bad decision Hayne.

I think he should have done one more year in the NFL, could have been his breakout year. A better O line and a proper creative coach, he could have enjoyed some fame playing in front of those big crowds and doing great.

I've daily read and followed every scrap of Hayne news since he first left for America, so I'm a huge fan. But I've got to say today I feel like he's a quitter.

The only way it was a good decision is if the coach told him he wasn't likely to make the team, wasn't part of his plans.

Also, I can see that NFL could be a little boring for a rugby player since you touch the ball so infrequently. I'm sure he wanted more play time. Perhaps that was an issue as well.
Share 49ersWebzone