LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 212 users in the forums

Jarryd Hayne going to jail.

Oh sheeeeet hayne leaving for 7's rugby WTF!!!!
Too bad he didn't make the impact during regular season vs. his performance during pre-season games. The one long run to left side line, backwards catch during PR, then running over a Chargers player before running out of bounds...those were highlight-worthy.

Wish you well in the Olympics, Hayne!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
if it weren't for the Rugby Olympics, he would still be here

Or the Rugby Olympics are just a convenient pretext for him to leave voluntarily rather than being cut a few months down the road. As far as the RB situation goes he was on the outside looking in.

His statement says it all as far as any future attempts at the NFL are concerned.

[The past 12 months with the San Francisco 49ers have been absolutely incredible. I could not have predicted how far I have come as an NFL player. To not only be able to play in a game but also say that I started a game in the NFL is something that I will remember for a lifetime.
Agree, to my shame and to all 49ers fans, he was respectively given the exit door. BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!! RUGBY PLAYERS CAN CROSS OVER! JUST NEED SOMEONE WITH MORE EXCEPTIONAL TALENT! 27 WAS WAY TOO OLD ANYWAY BWAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! MUMMMMMYYY!!!!!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Too bad he didn't make the impact during regular season vs. his performance during pre-season games. The one long run to left side line, backwards catch during PR, then running over a Chargers player before running out of bounds...those were highlight-worthy.

Wish you well in the Olympics, Hayne!

Ultimately he couldnt hang, and he knew it. He already admitted to being scared about the head injuries he got last year, and he found out that the speed and size of the NFL players overmatched him. Hes just using the Olympics as an excuse to leave the NFL without looking like a total failure.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
So when is he entered into the NFL Hall Of Fame?
No they politely showed him the door and let him choose his own exit show. NFL is very brutal to all and sundry i understand that now, wouldve still been a good player but time was against him, his knowledge? Back to it on xbox. Damn!
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4x4niner:
No they politely showed him the door and let him choose his own exit show. NFL is very brutal to all and sundry i understand that now, wouldve still been a good player but time was against him, his knowledge? Back to it on xbox. Damn!

Great pickup for Rugby
Originally posted by socalniner:
Glad he won't be wasting any more of the team's time and money.

Yeah, jed and Baalke already got it covered lol
Rugby In Peace.
We should retire his #

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
We should retire his #

Seattle already did

best of luck to him!
As an Australian and a fan of Hayne, I gotta say it's pretty disappointing. I was really looking forward to seeing him battle for a spot.

You have to follow your dreams I guess but it has opened him up to criticism that it was getting to hard and he took the easy road.

And he chose to represent Fiji.
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Pretty cool story to tell ya grandkids: won a couple of MVPs in NRL, started with the 49ers after 6 months experience, helped Fiji to the silver medal in Rio? Still 3 or 4 good football years left in him too...Anyone who is truly a sport fan would be impressed with that and just be wishing him luck.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Sorry gentlemen.
BBQed thanks. I'm a bit disappointed we won't get to see a HaynePlane TD on the highlight reel.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude realized he couldnt hack it in the NFL and bounced back to Kangaroo Land.

I guess we now get an end to the passive aggressive posts from the Hayne fanatics, s**tting on every other RB on the roster.

Umteenth apology for some of the more irritating Haynebois. Some of there comments were cringeworthy of the highest water. I expected to be cut a some slack when it came to rules, history, even the culture, but some the aggressive ignorance was pretty bad. Pity.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The marketing stunt is over.

In this we do agree. I thought it was an unabashed move by the NFL to get more fans worldwide, recent target Australia.

I don't need to quote some of the hate from earlier and this isn't really hate, but sheesh guys, its nothing more than internet gossip. At best it shows some kind of wilful blindness given that the whole "move" was initiated and driven by Jarryd. At worst its an attempt to re-write history so it fits some kind of ideology.
Turn off your computer and take a deep breath.

There is a lot of hate evident, that's a pity. There has however also been a lot of love. Lots of fun, plenty of interesting, informative posts from some really cool guys. and I've really enjoyed learning a new sport, something I could recommend, especially to some of you NFL rusted-ons. Open your minds a bit lads.

I will continue to drop in, probably not as often, but I will remain a niner fan. And of course, I secretly hope JH is back next year.

And if you guys want to see a real sport, not this p***y pads and helmets , then tune into the State of Origin clash June 1.

Stick around Dingo!
Share 49ersWebzone