There are 112 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
you beach ass niccaraguenses need to give me a heads up on ANY AND THE STARKS MEANS ANY

world cup games coming up.

Well the WC starts in 11 days, so they'll all be coming up then.
Former Argentina & chilie manager set to become new manager of Leeds

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/01/argentina-chile-elland-roadmarcelo-bielsa-emerges-unlikely-leeds/amp/
The US isn't in the World Cup? Lol, that's the stupidest thing

Costa Rica or Tunisia are better than the US squad? Why do we even have a team lol

Soccer is the biggest athletic embarrassment for the US. One of the top international sports and were HORRIBLE, can't even compete. End funding for this sport and accept we can't play it. Put the money in swimming or track or something
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Costa Rica or Tunisia are better than the US squad? Why do we even have a team lol

Soccer is the biggest athletic embarrassment for the US. One of the top international sports and were HORRIBLE, can't even compete. End funding for this sport and accept we can't play it. Put the money in swimming or track or something

ya that does sucks, really wanted to see Pulisic on the big stage, that kid is actually really f**king good. he plays for BVB and puts up numbers, at only 19.

Don't understand why you think like this, teams that won the world like Italy haven't qualified this time neither have Holland who were in the 2010 final. England didn't qualify in 94.

The problem looking from the outside in the us that you look it as a kids sport & have the term soccer mums etc. In England kids play on streets & fields using coats, jackets as goal posts & play with each other after school Then we have local junior teams from under 7's where they pay £2 per week to keep the team going & play up to u16's. scouts from professional clubs watch you play & if they like the look of you, they ask you to go for trials(try outs) if they like you you play in their academy until you get to 16 where they determine if they want to offer you a professional contract. Even if you don't make it after under 16's their are still amateur team leagues up & down the country played on Saturday's & Sunday's for your local pubs or semi pro teams. All of it is competitive.

From the outside looking at the us you have to get to college to be picked up by your clubs & you don't have culture of playing in the garden against friends like you would ie on basket ball court against each other. Get kids wanting play everyday & you'll see kids come through
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
US soccer development (and league structure) is an absolute joke
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
Don't understand why you think like this, teams that won the world like Italy haven't qualified this time neither have Holland who were in the 2010 final. England didn't qualify in 94.

The problem looking from the outside in the us that you look it as a kids sport & have the term soccer mums etc. In England kids play on streets & fields using coats, jackets as goal posts & play with each other after school Then we have local junior teams from under 7's where they pay £2 per week to keep the team going & play up to u16's. scouts from professional clubs watch you play & if they like the look of you, they ask you to go for trials(try outs) if they like you you play in their academy until you get to 16 where they determine if they want to offer you a professional contract. Even if you don't make it after under 16's their are still amateur team leagues up & down the country played on Saturday's & Sunday's for your local pubs or semi pro teams. All of it is competitive.

From the outside looking at the us you have to get to college to be picked up by your clubs & you don't have culture of playing in the garden against friends like you would ie on basket ball court against each other. Get kids wanting play everyday & you'll see kids come through

I disagree. I think if US wants a top squad it should adopt what it did for hockey.

Forget trying to build national culture and a groundswell of support. It's meaningless to have 50k crap kids playing.

Instead just build an academy for elite players

For soccer, house the academy in London starting at 10 year olds that move there and it's their life
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 3, 2018 at 9:32 PM ]
I disagree. I think if US wants a top squad it should adopt what it did for hockey.

Forget trying to build national culture and a groundswell of support. It's meaningless to have 50k crap kids playing.

Instead just build an academy for elite players

For soccer, house the academy in London starting at 10 year olds that move there and it's their life

That sounds like a very American thing to do, but problem is what players develop at different rates, you need a better infrastructure so say a player is deemed not good enough because he is too small -at 16 doesn't just then stop playing in England if would have the opportunity to find another club or play semi pro like Jamie vardy & work his way back up to the top I imagine in America once you're considered not big enough there's no where to go?
That sounds like a very American thing to do, but problem is what players develop at different rates, you need a better infrastructure so say a player is deemed not good enough because he is too small -at 16 doesn't just then stop playing in England if would have the opportunity to find another club or play semi pro like Jamie vardy & work his way back up to the top I imagine in America once you're considered not big enough there's no where to go?

For hockey, the elite program recruits them at 16, but it created formal guidelines for every level for elite players. I did some coaching and it's interesting research they put together. They basically studied how small nations create good teams (in any sport). So each level has specific drills run nationally (a lot of focus on skills and mini games, not formal games)
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 190836:
Zidane resigned. Wow, i didn't expect that.

I used to be a big soccer fan growing up, and Zizu was my favorite player. That 98 world cup was amazing to see him dominate Brazil I still follow a bit, but mostly the big games now. Hopefully the WC produces some classics this year.

Get back into it dude. Start watching the Spanish league. La Liga has the highest level of soccer in the world. You'll enjoy it.

For hockey, the elite program recruits them at 16, but it created formal guidelines for every level for elite players. I did some coaching and it's interesting research they put together. They basically studied how small nations create good teams (in any sport). So each level has specific drills run nationally (a lot of focus on skills and mini games, not formal games)

For a country the size of the us & your federation has they should invest in pitches I know it's harder in inner cities but invest in door pitches in less built up areas use fields & parks with posts get mates playing with each other you'll get more break through if you find a way of getting round going to college before they turn pro

Something like this
For a country the size of the us & your federation has they should invest in pitches I know it's harder in inner cities but invest in door pitches in less built up areas use fields & parks with posts get mates playing with each other you'll get more break through if you find a way of getting round going to college before they turn pro

Not sure what you mean by pitches

Lots of kids play soccer in the US, by numbers it's one of the most popular. Estimates of 25 million kids play.

But like I said, it's not about quantity. It's about quality. 5000 super passionate kids that devote their life to the sport will generate a better squad than 5 million kids that play 2 dozen times a year.

For hockey they studied why US had more kids playing than countries like Czech Republic by a factor of 10, yet in the 90s they had better pro's. They concluded entry level sports (kids 10 and under) should be focused on mini games, essentially simulating playing in the backyard. Kids 11-15 should practice basic skills 75% and play 25%. 3 practices per 1 game. And then 16-18, turn the top players into pro's essentially.

Most US sports highly focus on games and winning. But truly it doesn't help anyone that an 8 year old has a winning soccer record. Their study basically said US obsession with organized sports for young kids is actually bad for development.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 6, 2018 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Zidane resigned. Wow, i didn't expect that.

I used to be a big soccer fan growing up, and Zizu was my favorite player. That 98 world cup was amazing to see him dominate Brazil I still follow a bit, but mostly the big games now. Hopefully the WC produces some classics this year.

Get back into it dude. Start watching the Spanish league. La Liga has the highest level of soccer in the world. You'll enjoy it.

i'm too old school for the streaming stuff. i want to sit in my bed, with a controller, and watch it in HD

i lived with my uncle for many years growing up (he was a huge soccer fan), and he had a bunch of different soccer channels and it was easy to follow it. i liked Real a lot back then since Zidane played for the team. but now, it's hard for me to care/follow a team from some Spanish city that i don't have nothing in common with

i would for the MLS to actually become a great league and to get some of these top players over here, but not when they are already nearing retirement. the salary cap rule makes it hard, hopefully they get rid of that so they can actually compete with the Euro soccer clubs, if they actually care about competing with them, salary cap will have to be removed.

Not sure what you mean by pitches

Lots of kids play soccer in the US, by numbers it's one of the most popular. Estimates of 25 million kids play.

But like I said, it's not about quantity. It's about quality. 5000 super passionate kids that devote their life to the sport will generate a better squad than 5 million kids that play 2 dozen times a year.

For hockey they studied why US had more kids playing than countries like Czech Republic by a factor of 10, yet in the 90s they had better pro's. They concluded entry level sports (kids 10 and under) should be focused on mini games, essentially simulating playing in the backyard. Kids 11-15 should practice basic skills 75% and play 25%. 3 practices per 1 game. And then 16-18, turn the top players into pro's essentially.

Most US sports highly focus on games and winning. But truly it doesn't help anyone that an 8 year old has a winning soccer record. Their study basically said US obsession with organized sports for young kids is actually bad for development.

this is the difference, lol.

https://www.cbcdutchtouch.com/images/TheAjaxYouthDevelopmentScheme.pdf

it's just a different monster there when it comes to soccer. when we show a video here of 7 year olds playing soccer, it just looks like a blooper real. there, they look like a high school team already. by the time they are teenagers, they can get signed to proffesionals clubs and train even more, while making money, and playing against other kids from different countries who are as good as them. here, you have to pay for your kids to be on a travel team, there, if you're good enough, they pay you.
Share 49ersWebzone