LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Roberto is a f**king idiot. Clearly a red - how do you get 2 red cards in last 3 games? That's some Ramos s**t.

Ref lost it. Hats off to Barca for playing the entire second half down a man. Ramos is a dirty player. Nothing new with that guy.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Oh now this is rich...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-madrid/story/3487667/real-madrids-zinedine-zidane-welcomes-var-after-disputed-clasico
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
At Camp Nou
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Awesome! Hope you had a good time!

One day I want to get out to the Allianz Arena, but for now I'll take going to the Bayern v. Juve game this summer in Philly
What are the chances of Leeds making to the Premier League now that their pockets are stuffed with York dollars?

I pretty much only watch the world cup, so I know almost nothing about the club teams.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
What are the chances of Leeds making to the Premier League now that their pockets are stuffed with York dollars?

I pretty much only watch the world cup, so I know almost nothing about the club teams.

They can probably make it into the Premiership but I don't see them competing or winning, there's no salary cap or draft and the big clubs are spending rediculous sums per year.
[ Edited by Buchy on May 24, 2018 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:

They can probably make it into the Premiership but I don't see them competing or winning, there's no salary cap or draft and the big clubs are spending rediculous sums per year.

Yes. Leeds used to be a real powerhouse but that was a long time ago. Billy Bremner et al. But anyteam can be built up nowadays. Just add money! May take a few years though. And some luck. Paraag will like the city, though. It's a fun place.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Buchy:

Yes. Leeds used to be a real powerhouse but that was a long time ago. Billy Bremner et al. But anyteam can be built up nowadays. Just add money! May take a few years though. And some luck. Paraag will like the city, though. It's a fun place.

Thanks for both responses. Two dumb follow ups:

1) Do they have any big names I can look for during the World Cup?

2) Is parity a problem in a league with no draft and no cap? It doesn't seem to hurt the league financially given the numbers I've seen.
Thanks for both responses. Two dumb follow ups:

1) Do they have any big names I can look for during the World Cup?

2) Is parity a problem in a league with no draft and no cap? It doesn't seem to hurt the league financially given the numbers I've seen.

1. I don't think so. I believe they are generally a young team, though, so who knows?

2 It has always been a very uneven league, dominated by just a few clubs.The rich get richer. They could use a salary cap but no chance!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:
Awesome! Hope you had a good time!

One day I want to get out to the Allianz Arena, but for now I'll take going to the Bayern v. Juve game this summer in Philly

That was the best time I ever had at an event.

When Messi started warming up - oh man. That was so amazing and the game was Iniesta's farewell party. It was so much fun.

I was so tired before the game. Had walked almost 10 miles (lot of it uphill) that whole day before reaching the stadium. All the soreness went away when I saw the the stadium from inside (my 2nd time only). Had an amazing time.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
HALA MADRID!
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Liverpool fans gonna have a pitchfork night
  • Veteran
The game was changed once Salah was injured.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Just walked by Real Madrid Champions League rally. Saw the whole team and the trophy.

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone