LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

Dua Lipa
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Gareth Bale is a f**king legend. That was so sick.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Dumbass Zidane didn't even start him.

Come to Man U Gareth
Originally posted by English:
1. I don't think so. I believe they are generally a young team, though, so who knows?

2 It has always been a very uneven league, dominated by just a few clubs.The rich get richer. They could use a salary cap but no chance!

Originally posted by Buchy:
They can probably make it into the Premiership but I don't see them competing or winning, there's no salary cap or draft and the big clubs are spending rediculous sums per year.

To put in to perspective from 1990 when they were promoted back to the top division until they were relegated in 2004 finished 5th or above 10 times winning the league once. Playing in the europa league (then called the UEFA cup) & made the semi final & would have likely made the final had 2 of their fans not been stabbed & killed by the opponents fans the night before they were supposed to play them, the following year 2000/2001 they were in the champions league reaching the semi final beating ac Milan, lazio, deportivo, anderlect, & drawing to both Real Madrid & Barcelona on the way. They eventually lost to Valencia. Whilst Leeds were challenging at this point teams that are famous in America at the minute like spurs were coming no where in league or competing in Europe. Leeds were relegated after overspending & soon after the big money for the tv rights came in so have were unlucky to miss out on the big bucks. They have been mismanaged since they by shocking owners only out to make money for themselves until the current owner came in with a sensible plan to get us back to where we belong. Leeds' attendances are around 30-36 thousand a week more than half of the premier teams that are currently in it & that is after 14 years outside of the top league. The potential for Leeds when run properly with the income from the tv deals in the premier league is easily a top 8 club. As club they are easily the size of the likes of Everton, spurs, Newcastle, Aston Villa. It will take time as they are are behind marketing wise to the likes of yourselves but the potential for the club is massive
Some of the best & most vocal fans in th world as well

https://youtu.be/MyU4gFvMf4s

https://youtu.be/FUqM9QFC4s4

https://youtu.be/aCiJGEeddwA

https://youtu.be/h_YV4F6xD2Q
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by Garce:

Dumbass Zidane didn't even start him.

Come to Man U Gareth

You think he wants out? I seriously can't think why benching Bale is a good idea, dude is a boss.
  • Veteran
Who is ready for the World Cup.
Originally posted by 190836:

This guy is

• Veteran
Zidane resigned. Wow, i didn't expect that.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

This guy is

Quit while he's on top, he'll have seen how they underperformed in the league this year & with an aging team I don't think he had faith in challenging for the league next season or winning the CL, leaves with his reputation at its highest.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lufc1992:

Quit while he's on top, he'll have seen how they underperformed in the league this year & with an aging team I don't think he had faith in challenging for the league next season or winning the CL, leaves with his reputation at its highest.

Good point, however I read that there were some criticism of his tactical game planning. I don't know man, how can you criticize a coach that won three straight UEFA championships. Euros are crazy sometimes.
The thought is he has some of the best players in the world, you don't necessarily have to coach them & their quality to should generally beat other teams as they are better players. The question is would be could he take a team without the spending power of Madrid make them European champions one thing he has been good at is man management dealing with all the egos, keeping everyone happy.
you beach ass niccaraguenses need to give me a heads up on ANY AND THE STARKS MEANS ANY

world cup games coming up.

I used to be a big soccer fan growing up, and Zizu was my favorite player. That 98 world cup was amazing to see him dominate Brazil I still follow a bit, but mostly the big games now. Hopefully the WC produces some classics this year.
Share 49ersWebzone