There are 223 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 17/18

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Lufc1992:
For a country the size of the us & your federation has they should invest in pitches I know it's harder in inner cities but invest in door pitches in less built up areas use fields & parks with posts get mates playing with each other you'll get more break through if you find a way of getting round going to college before they turn pro

Not sure what you mean by pitches

Lots of kids play soccer in the US, by numbers it's one of the most popular. Estimates of 25 million kids play.

But like I said, it's not about quantity. It's about quality. 5000 super passionate kids that devote their life to the sport will generate a better squad than 5 million kids that play 2 dozen times a year.

For hockey they studied why US had more kids playing than countries like Czech Republic by a factor of 10, yet in the 90s they had better pro's. They concluded entry level sports (kids 10 and under) should be focused on mini games, essentially simulating playing in the backyard. Kids 11-15 should practice basic skills 75% and play 25%. 3 practices per 1 game. And then 16-18, turn the top players into pro's essentially.

Most US sports highly focus on games and winning. But truly it doesn't help anyone that an 8 year old has a winning soccer record. Their study basically said US obsession with organized sports for young kids is actually bad for development.

pitches = fields
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
American kids are lazy, grounding want to dedicate themselves to one thing. They want to play fortnite.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
this is the difference, lol.

https://www.cbcdutchtouch.com/images/TheAjaxYouthDevelopmentScheme.pdf

it's just a different monster there when it comes to soccer. when we show a video here of 7 year olds playing soccer, it just looks like a blooper real. there, they look like a high school team already. by the time they are teenagers, they can get signed to proffesionals clubs and train even more, while making money, and playing against other kids from different countries who are as good as them. here, you have to pay for your kids to be on a travel team, there, if you're good enough, they pay you.

Yes, this the draft/college American way of doing things doesn't necessary work, the clubs need to be picking kids up early & developing them, the clubs should educate them at the same time so they have something to fall back on should they fail to make it
Now I see why the 49ers have taken a stake in Leeds United and why Paraag came over here!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6481349/stunning-tv-presenter-steals-show-england-world-cup/
Originally posted by English:
Now I see why the 49ers have taken a stake in Leeds United and why Paraag came over here!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6481349/stunning-tv-presenter-steals-show-england-world-cup/

Pretty fit isn't she.

Leeds making headlines for the atmosphere last night at the England game

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/08/goosebumps-better-than-wembley-fans-flood-twitter-to-hail-leeds/
Also if you watch the link & see how good we would be if we had been able to keep our academy players.

Danny Rose- spurs
Fabian Delph- Man City
Aaron Lennon- ex spurs now at Burnley
James Milner- ex Man City now at Liverpool

All cane through our academy & picked off by clubs due to finances
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Zidane resigned. Wow, i didn't expect that.

I used to be a big soccer fan growing up, and Zizu was my favorite player. That 98 world cup was amazing to see him dominate Brazil I still follow a bit, but mostly the big games now. Hopefully the WC produces some classics this year.

Get back into it dude. Start watching the Spanish league. La Liga has the highest level of soccer in the world. You'll enjoy it.

i'm too old school for the streaming stuff. i want to sit in my bed, with a controller, and watch it in HD

i lived with my uncle for many years growing up (he was a huge soccer fan), and he had a bunch of different soccer channels and it was easy to follow it. i liked Real a lot back then since Zidane played for the team. but now, it's hard for me to care/follow a team from some Spanish city that i don't have nothing in common with

i would for the MLS to actually become a great league and to get some of these top players over here, but not when they are already nearing retirement. the salary cap rule makes it hard, hopefully they get rid of that so they can actually compete with the Euro soccer clubs, if they actually care about competing with them, salary cap will have to be removed.

Bein Sports has all the French and Spanish league. NBC and Fox have the Premier and the Bundesliga. So they are all in TV. Just have to pay for it.
  • Veteran
Hurry up WC, can't wait
I hope the North America bid wins next week for the 2226 World Cup. Rather than dogey countries like Russia. It's a disgrace England has only held 1 Euro's in 1996. since the World Cup in 1966. It was a carnival atmosphere all summer

https://youtu.be/exZdZ7HITa8

Gives me goosebumps watching this
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I hope the North America bid wins next week for the 2226 World Cup. Rather than dogey countries like Russia. It's a disgrace England has only held 1 Euro's in 1996. since the World Cup in 1966. It was a carnival atmosphere all summer

https://youtu.be/exZdZ7HITa8

Gives me goosebumps watching this

I didn't realize they were bidding cups that far out

• NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Hurry up WC, can't wait

Originally posted by Janitor:

Yep Qatar in 2222 next
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Yep Qatar in 2222 next

The centuries just fly by
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by NeKro:
American kids are lazy, grounding want to dedicate themselves to one thing. They want to play fortnite.

Not all of them. My son plays fortnite and is an awesome soccer player. Captian of his U14 comp team.
The centuries just fly by

Touché 2022
Share 49ersWebzone