• Hall of Fame
MMA, not even close.

Boxing isn't waht it used to be.

boxeo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
When I was younger it was boxing. Not the same draw anymore, and the preflights suck.

MMA is more exciting, the the under cards are almost always great. You get 5-7 fights, vs 2-3 in boxing. And only the main fight in boxing is worth it.

MMA does a good job connecting with fans, free fights on fox, etc. Boxing used to have great fights on HBO, SHOWTime, Friday night fights, and even Sunday afternoon boxing.

Boxing has way too many belts now, with too many holders. Also, HBO guys can't fight showtime guys, etc. s**ts corrupt because they let it get this way.

Still love boxing, but MMA has the edge for me.
The HBO fighters not being able to fight Showtime fighters is no different than UFC fighters not fighting Bellator fighters.

I don't wanna get into the MMA vs. Boxing crap, but the UFC fighters are far superior to Bellator fighters. Bellator is like the minor leagues or NFL Europe.
Boxing
ya, that is another big issue with boxing. all them f**king belts, that s**t is just stupid. doesn't floyd have like 6 of them?
Boxing ....I'm old school
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
MMA, not even close.

Boxing isn't waht it used to be.

Two words: ROIDS
Boxing

Grappling is not entertaining at all. I will never understand why people get excited that two mostly naked dudes are hugging each other on the ground to prove who is the bottom and who is the top.
while i do appreciate the technical striking in boxing, i just dont like the constant clinching, then the ref stepping in to break them up, only for it to happen 10 seconds later again. in mma when the clinch happens thats when the fight begins. if you're ever to get in a real fight for whatever reason, who the f**k is gonna step in and break the 2 dudes up?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Boxing

Grappling is not entertaining at all. I will never understand why people get excited that two mostly naked dudes are hugging each other on the ground to prove who is the bottom and who is the top.

Yeah, cuz there ain't no hugging in boxing.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Boxing

its literally hugging. in mma whether its on the ground or standing at least the guys are trying to advance positions and what not.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Boxing. It sounds lame..but theres not enough tules to MMA for me. One guy straddling another and pounding his knuckles into the other guys ear just aint fun to me.
Boxing

I'll take the sport that's actually fighting, rather than just punching.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Boxing

its literally hugging. in mma whether its on the ground or standing at least the guys are trying to advance positions and what not.

this lol.

also, why do you think all mma is just "hugging", it doesn't sound like you watched any MMA fights then. if you put the two sports side by side, MMA probably has more finishes by KO/TKO than boxing. by saying the sport is just hugging, is like saying football is all about the QB touching the centers nutz.
  • Jiks
I watched boxing this morning and nothing really happened. I mean they were decent fights but watching 12 rounds of guys getting one or two shots in per round gets redundant. I understand the chess match, but I watch fighting for action not chess.

Watching UFC tonight I have seen knockouts, wrestling, takedowns, chokeholds, different styles of martial arts, and more complex and exciting bouts. I'm not here saying there are not boring fights or let downs in MMA, but imo there's just a whole world of different aspects that make it superior.
Share 49ersWebzone