LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Greatest, with no bias, I'd say BJ Penn, the only UFC Champ to hold a belt in two weight classes.
this deserves a WWF Royal Rumble in the octagon
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Greatest, with no bias, I'd say BJ Penn, the only UFC Champ to hold a belt in two weight classes.

with no bias lol

Couture did as well
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

Couture did as well

I could've sworn it was just BJ, but I looked it up and you're right as well. So I think the debate should be between the two IMO.
Anderson Silva is up there, but the fact that he tested positive and has attempted to cheat before (vaseline), makes me think he's done it before.

GSP could have been up there also, but his personal issues over the last few years and not fighting while at his prime tarnished it also.

Cain has the talent to be on this list - most talented heavy weight of all time. But injuries from his crazy training sessions has cut this short.

Bones Jones someday maybe...but he's tested positive for drugs. At least it's not steroids.

I want to pick BJ Penn. He is so talented, not just in the octagon, but world martial arts tourneys. Won at different weights, amazing ability. But the knock for me is his laziness. He was amazing, then get lazy, then get amazing, repeat.

If Silva doesn't get caught cheating, I think it's a no Brainer. All the above makes it hard to choose.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Anderson Silva is up there, but the fact that he tested positive and has attempted to cheat before (vaseline), makes me think he's done it before.

GSP could have been up there also, but his personal issues over the last few years and not fighting while at his prime tarnished it also.

Cain has the talent to be on this list - most talented heavy weight of all time. But injuries from his crazy training sessions has cut this short.

Bones Jones someday maybe...but he's tested positive for drugs. At least it's not steroids.

I want to pick BJ Penn. He is so talented, not just in the octagon, but world martial arts tourneys. Won at different weights, amazing ability. But the knock for me is his laziness. He was amazing, then get lazy, then get amazing, repeat.

If Silva doesn't get caught cheating, I think it's a no Brainer. All the above makes it hard to choose.

wasn't that GSP?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

wasn't that GSP?

No, if I remember correctly, it was Silva?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i know GSP was accused of it too. Dunno if it was ever proved. Probably not or they would've taken his belt.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 11, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
I know allot of fighters lotion up before the match so that they look normal and dry when they get checked out by the refs before stepping into the cage, but when they break a sweat all of it comes out of their pores and they become slippery as f*ck. Thats been confused with using vaseline a few times for various fighters (GSP IIRC), but isn't illegal. Another reason why limb submissions become so hard once the fighters break a sweat… its not just sweat.

From an MMA perspective, where do you guys think Fedor ranks all-time with these UFC fighters?
It's such a shame we never got to see him fight in the UFC.
He claims Dana was disrespectful and stubborn in negotiations.

You're gonna discredit Bones for a line of coke?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
From an MMA perspective, where do you guys think Fedor ranks all-time with these UFC fighters?

Hard to say where Fedor ranks with the UFC Champions only because he hasn't faced any of them. But from an MMA perspective I'd say he's top 5, he beat who was put in front of him, well except Fabricio Werdum, Big Foot and Dan Henderson. But other than that he was dominant for so many years.

Fedor was the original GOAT/OG. He basically went a decade without being beaten and in an organization that at the time had the best talent above 170 and also beat a couple former UFC champs before age and motivation caught up to him.

IMHO talent wise, if all were in their prime the top 3 HWs would be Cain>Fedor>JDS. The UFC HW division talent pool has always been pathetic, even right now its Cain & JDS then everyone else with Miocic probably a distant 3rd.

Hard to say where Fedor ranks with the UFC Champions only because he hasn't faced any of them. But from an MMA perspective I'd say he's top 5, he beat who was put in front of him, well except Fabricio Werdum, Big Foot and Dan Henderson. But other than that he was dominant for so many years.

Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Fedor was the original GOAT/OG. He basically went a decade without being beaten and in an organization that at the time had the best talent above 170 and also beat a couple former UFC champs before age and motivation caught up to him.

IMHO talent wise, if all were in their prime the top 3 HWs would be Cain>Fedor>JDS. The UFC HW division talent pool has always been pathetic, even right now its Cain & JDS then everyone else with Miocic probably a distant 3rd.

Would have been great to see Cain vs. Fedor
Share 49ersWebzone