LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Greatest UFC Fighter of All-Time

Originally posted by crabman82:
i think it did. its a game (or fight) of inches and when your mobility is limited that could be the differnce between clipped behind the ear or slipping the punch entirely.

Its entirely possible, but I just think Cain was still working on his striking craft and hesitated between a counter and then trying to slip the overhand which allowed him to get caught in the back of the head.

• titan
  • Veteran
Gracie- when there were no fight films. Just going to battle with no weight class. fights 3 or 4 times in 1 event just to be considered the winner! BEAST!!!

Fedor- he may have done that also.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
That mad tear that Coture went on was something to remember.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by titan:
Gracie- when there were no fight films. Just going to battle with no weight class. fights 3 or 4 times in 1 event just to be considered the winner! BEAST!!!

idk man. back then, MMA was just a bloodsport type competition. Each fighter specialized in one martial art, if any. Jiu Jitsu just proved to be the top martial art. No one knew how to defend it.
Who cares.

They aintvabout billions and Dana White would just degrade them verbally towards the end of their career any ways like he did Tito,Rampage, Ken Shamroc,Frank Shamrock..Dana will hype and Sub them out for a cheaper "next big thing" reality show winner.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ya, i kindda hate dana white. dude just seems like a total douche.

remember that whole thing with tito? Where they were gonna fight. Dana was training. fkn stupid. Tito would've f**ked him up.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

idk man. back then, MMA was just a bloodsport type competition. Each fighter specialized in one martial art, if any. Jiu Jitsu just proved to be the top martial art. No one knew how to defend it.

I understand as far as being well rounded athletes that are schooled and have a visual what's coming there way. But to go in a battle blind not knowing what will be in front of them that takes some serious brass size grapefruits and most would crumble just with anxiety.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I understand as far as being well rounded athletes that are schooled and have a visual what's coming there way. But to go in a battle blind not knowing what will be in front of them that takes some serious brass size grapefruits and most would crumble just with anxiety.

I kinda look at Gracie as the Bill Russel of the UFC. He was great in that era, and against lesser talent. I really appreciate him pretty much putting jiu-jitsu on the map, and pretty much the UFC, but he's not the greatest fighter.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I think you mean no Sakuraba aka the "Gracie Killer" option

Won't be long til this man is the GOAT :

You mean it won't be long till he fades away like all the rest of the loud mouths in the UFC.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You mean it won't be long till he fades away like all the rest of the loud mouths in the UFC.

We'll see come July. #TeamConor #TeamRory

Welcome back Rampage, hope he wins tomorrow.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

We'll see come July. #TeamConor #TeamRory

You like the fighters that try to HYPE it up? They are always fun to watch, but I get disappointed with there performance most of the time.
Mighty Mouse and Rousey are close to securing their legacies. A few more wins from them, and I'm going to add them on the list. Rousey/Cyborg needs to happen for her to cement her legacy. But if not, she'll still be remembered as one of the greatest in UFC history if she keeps dominating competition like this.
.... and now that Fedor might sign with the UFC, he'll eventually be put on this list as well, just because he's accomplished so much in the sport. Can very well take the title from Werdum. What a rematch that would be. And now we can watch Cain vs Fedor. Which I still believe would be a fight between the 2 greatest heavyweights of all time. Only a matter of time before Cain gets that title back.
Silva still the GOAT. He was on top for a very long time, different divisions, and put on a show for most of his fights.
Share 49ersWebzone