There are 261 users in the forums

Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight

Originally posted by IT21:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
How would Floyd stop an Olympian medalist in Judo from taking him to the ground? Whoever beat Rousey in the Olympics in 2008 would have a better chance of beating her in the octagon than Floyd.

If both met in a dark alley in their regular street clothes and had to fight to the death where anything goes (street rules) who would you put your money on?

My money is on money Mayweather.

Easy, Rousey. MMA is actual fighting. Boxing is extremely limited when in a street fight. And even more limited when in an octagon.

You are crazy -- you forget that Ronda is beating up chicks that the regular joe could wipe the floor with.

This statement reeks of sheer ignorance.

No, actually it's true lol.

These b***hes would merk you, dude.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by IT21:
How would Floyd stop an Olympian medalist in Judo from taking him to the ground? Whoever beat Rousey in the Olympics in 2008 would have a better chance of beating her in the octagon than Floyd.

If both met in a dark alley in their regular street clothes and had to fight to the death where anything goes (street rules) who would you put your money on?

My money is on money Mayweather.

Easy, Rousey. MMA is actual fighting. Boxing is extremely limited when in a street fight. And even more limited when in an octagon.

You are crazy -- you forget that Ronda is beating up chicks that the regular joe could wipe the floor with.

This statement reeks of sheer ignorance.

No, actually it's true lol.

These b***hes would merk you, dude.

I've been rolling (Jiu Jitsu for the boxing fans) on and off for about two years and I will tell you this, I would get smoked in a Jiu Jitsu match by Rousey, Cat Zingano, Sara McMann and Alexis Davis. You've got to truly understand how dangerous the ground game is to even speak of taking it on let alone saying so and so would destroy an MMA fighter, Mayweather stands absolutely zero chance in a grappling match. I'd even go so far as to say Mayweather stands a 40% chance in a Muay Thai fight, which is only another 35% of MMA.

Boxers are so limited in the world of fighting MMA vs. Boxing shouldn't even be an issue, the same goes for MMA vs. Karate, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Kung Fu, Wrestling, Aikido and Judo. MMA is about ALL aspects of fighting, trained to compete or fight in all kinds of different situations. So in conclusion, an MMA fighter wouldn't just destroy a boxer, but 9 times outta 10 a fighter in each specific form of art doesn't stand a chance.

I leave you with this:

This thread rocks
I havent even watched Rousey fight but I find it really hard to believe that a 135 pound woman could take Floyd Mayweather. But can you imagine how much money both would make it they had that battle?
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
This thread rocks

No sht right?

Dafuq deez niccas thinking?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This thread rocks

No sht right?

Not that I think mayweather would lose, but you are very ignorant if u think rousey wouldn't stand a chance in an mma match. It's a whole different world.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I havent even watched Rousey fight but I find it really hard to believe that a 135 pound woman could take Floyd Mayweather. But can you imagine how much money both would make it they had that battle?

What's so hard to believe, the trouble with most is that they think that's all she is a 135 pound woman.

REMINDER: Title says MMA NOT boxing in case the boxing homers forgot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This thread rocks

No sht right?

I give you thought out explanations and all I get is a silly gif and wise ass remarks......is this all boxing fans have to offer??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This thread rocks

No sht right?

I give you thought out explanations and all I get is a silly gif and wise ass remarks......is this all boxing fans have to offer??

Hey man I said this thread rocks, that's all.
And yes it is delusional to think that woman could beat money in ANY athletic competition. Well maybe swimming.

And yes it is delusional to think that woman could beat money in ANY athletic competition. Well maybe swimming.

She couldn't beat floyd in a race. Nobody can run better than him.

Tennis.
This is all Glee's fault.

This generation is letting women overtake us with rules,laws,smoke and mirrors etc.
These dudes are scared of girls nowadays man. What part of the game is this?

scared of a 120 lb feminist .

ain't that a bytch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Tell me this can Mayweather defend a takedown, single or double?? Does Mayweather know how to sprawl?? Does Mayweather know when to posture up in close guard?? Can Mayweather defend a hip toss??? Can Mayweather check a leg kick, what will he do if his lead leg gets taken out??

It's delusional to think that Mayweather will just one-punch KO her. Rousey has probably one of the strongest chins in MMA, I mean Liz Carmouche got her in a deep neck crack and she didn't tap. Which leads me to my next question, can Mayweather defend against a arm-bar or submission?? Here let me show you what happen to the last boxer that thought he could hang in MMA:

Keep this in mind, Couture is 5 years older than Toney.
Steroid Couture? Lol OK.

To that I say

Tim Sylvia ( EX UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP) Vs oldass boxer Ray Mercer.

:30 seconds is all I need to end this thread.

Share 49ersWebzone