There are 191 users in the forums

Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has dominated her opponents since coming on the scene and is ready to set her sights even higher.

Rousey, who is an Olympic bronze medalist in judo, said she could beat undefeated welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather if he were ever so inclined to step into the octagon.

"I wouldn't even stand up, I wouldn't even be anywhere near him. I would just do like a little army crawl over there, and he would have to run away,"

"I would just be skittering after him like the one dude in Bloodsport that was doing the whole monkey crawl fight system," Rousey said. "I would do that. I would just bear crawl over there too low for him to hit me, and I'd tackle him down. I spent a lot of time (on the ground), and I doubt that he does."

Figured I'd start a thread for this since it would be dominated by whichever thread it got put it (boxing or ufc). This should get interesting. lol

So what say you?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Mar 7, 2014 at 7:05 PM ]
Don't know much about MMA or Boxing, but I'd imagine the techniques are very different. If it's an MMA bout, my money is on the chick.
Has Rousey faced any real competition in UFC? I don't follow it at all especially the women's division but it seems like all her matches have been pretty easy for her. I'd take Floyd though, he may not have the mat skills but he could still get a KO.
Mayweather via flying knee
Lol rousey would f**king kill him and it's not even close. Like she said, just get on all fours and get him in dat arm bar and he'd tap
Marsh did you watch bloodsport? Monkey dude was funny as hell. Lots of funnies in that one.

Imo moneys footwork and lateral movement would make her dizzy. Throw in hand speed and I could see her getting embarressed.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Mar 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Floyd would f**k that bish up
Easy. If it's an MMA Rousey if Boxing then Floyd.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
lol at anyone that really thinks a female would beat the best pound for pound male boxer IN THE WORLD, even in the octagon.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Originally posted by Amir:
lol at anyone that really thinks a female would beat the best pound for pound male boxer IN THE WORLD, even in the octagon.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

He's not gonna be doing much boxing when she's got him in an arm bar lol

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by marshniners24:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

She come's anywhere near him, he's landing punches to her face. Not to mention the lighter gloves in the UFC. So yeah, she would get rocked.
She'd likely win. It's a MMA fight. Put a MMA fighter in the boxing ring against Mayweather and they'll leave with some brain damage. They're different sports. As far as her strategy goes I'd imagine it would be like that Japanese fighter against Ali. All Mayweather can do is tell her stand up and fight.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
She come's anywhere near him, he's landing punches to her face. Not to mention the lighter gloves in the UFC. So yeah, she would get rocked.

Lol he'd have a hard time punching her while she's on all fours breh
Lol she spends a lot of time on her back lol
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That and Mayweather has 15 pounds on her. If you take a male and female athlete that both train equally as hard and are the same weight the male will at least be 50% stronger than the woman and usually more. He is going to punch twice as hard as any woman has ever hit her, and even on the ground his extra weight and strength will make up for lack of skills. Anyone who has ever trained in any of the self defense sports would know she has no chance.
[ Edited by BobS on Mar 8, 2014 at 11:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone